New to Carnival-Need Help With Ship

KMBB

Ok everyone, I'm new to the Carnival line and would like information on the newest to the cheapist cruise that I could go on solo. I would like to go in the spring time, April /May(could go earlier), western with ports in Grand Caymen and Cozumel. I would really like information on a 1a room with the big window, what ships have this and what are the room numbers(anyone with pictures). ALso, how are the water slides, do all ships have them(this would be something to do and watch since I'm on my own) also, which ships have the big screen movie by the pool? Any suggestions would be helpful, I just don't know enough about Carvinal to feel comfortable booking yet. Thanks for any help that you can give, kmbb

Inspiration out of Tampa has a well priced 5 day Cozumel and Grand Caymen cruise, often with free room upgrades when you book. If you're flexible, shop for the dates with the best deal. On Fantasy class ships (Inspiration) the CAT 1A cabins are interior rooms (no window) with "bunk" beds, suitable for singles. If you're getting a room alone, you can get these at 1.5x rate versus the 2x singles rate for other cabins. Checkout the Evolutions of Fun upgrades. The Fantasy class ships do not have the large screen TV topside. If you book during Summer and holidays you're likely to run into quite a few children. ken

1A cabins are inside cabins. The nearest you'll get in that category is the RARE 1A w/porthole. I'm assuming you know that us solo cruisers have to pay more for any cabin. The 1A will cost you 150% and anything over that category will cost double the published rate.

The time you're thinking of may be overun w/kids of all ages - spring break. Good luck finding what you want.

I love solo cruising; have done several. :)

Not sure where you live but the Conquest out of Galvestion goes in for dry dock in January for some sprucing up. When she comes out she'll have the outdoor movie theater. She does a 7 day Western that hit's the ports your looking at. Nice ship we've sailed her twice and our third cruise on her is booked for 11/09. But I agree if it's Spring Break time (not just college but grade or high school) she will be full of the under 21 group. Mid-March to mid April would be a good time to avoid. Look at your prices they are normally a bit higher those weeks. Good Luck and have fun what ever you decide!

Thanks everyone!

I'll look into the Inspiration and the Conquest, I do know that I will have to have some kind of window, I thought there were 1a's with a larger picture window in them. Also do both of these ships have water slides? I don't know why I think I want one, but it would give me something to do besides sit by the pool.

I'm from the Illiinios area and will have to fly somewhere. I guess I'm kinda nervous about the whole solo thing. I just need some time to myself(recovering from cancer) just want to get away from stuff for awhile.

Thanks everyone, any other suggestion are welcome. kmbb

I hope your recovery goes well. Sometimes time alone is a good thing!:) To me, just looking at the ocean is very peaceful and calming.

The picture windows are in the "Oceanview" (OV) categories. Good luck to you and happy sailing!

You want the Carnival Inspiration 5 day cruise out of Tampa. The ship is amazing having been refurbished this year and the 5 day cruise is perfect. Shes my favorite and id love to sail her again!

Just came back and can't understand why people say the ship is amazing. I thought it fairly ho-hum. Serenities (sp) lounge pads were a bit shabby. I stayed lost but that has nothing to do with the ship! No 1A's with the big windows. I had an ocean view but found that I could have done with an inside.

Only the conquest class ships have 1A's with the picture window or porthole. The remaining 1A's have bunks. Carnival will soon be reclassifying cabin categories though and these may be called something else and not available for the single rate of 150 percent instead of the usual 200 percent.

Thanks everyone!

I'll look into the Inspiration and the Conquest, I do know that I will have to have some kind of window, I thought there were 1a's with a larger picture window in them. Also do both of these ships have water slides? I don't know why I think I want one, but it would give me something to do besides sit by the pool.

I'm from the Illiinios area and will have to fly somewhere. I guess I'm kinda nervous about the whole solo thing. I just need some time to myself(recovering from cancer) just want to get away from stuff for awhile.

Thanks everyone, any other suggestion are welcome. kmbb

HEy neighbor we are going on the Inspiration in March as a group cruise IF you want to email me to get some info please do so to etheralmassage@yahoo.com

Illiniosgal---what part of Illinios are you from? I'm thinking the Chicago area???? I'm about 20 minutes from St. Louis. Mo., small town, lived here all my life.

I'm not very good at this computor thing, so if I e-mail you I will have to have someone help me get your e-mail over to the e-mail section--does that make any scence?? I'm just not good at doing things on the computor. Thanks for the invite, I might be interested.

Carvinalgame(Kim)---I'm never to "old" to do a water slide. Just like Dan, I would be going down with him. I saw those posts from others and thought "Wow" whats up with that!!!

later, kmbb

Yet my 21-year old son was made fun of by a select few on the RC board because he likes the water slide.

Nobody is too old for a waterslide! I saw more adults than kids in line. Sounds like those select few need to not concern themselves with what other people like.

Thanks Kim, I would love to do that, but don't think I can get it all togethor by then and I was kinda wanting to go on a Western one.(Yours is Eastern, right?) Thanks for thinking of me, it would be nice to have someone already that I know just to hang with. Plus Dan and I could go down the slides togethor(wouldn't he just love that, a fifty something year old lady--HA HA) later, kmbb

I would see where you can get the cheapest flight to - Alligiant, SW, Air Tran, etc and then search on Carnival's website from those ports. Port Canvaral would be Alligiant's Orlando stop. If you can get to Charleston, sometimes there are cheap cruises from there. You could take the train (Amtrak) to New Orleans. (it's usually cheap) That would give you another option.

Archived