Georgian Court Hotel & Downtown sites?

I am trying to make a decision about some tours. I was going to do a hop on hop off type of tour of the city highlights. I then came across of a tour that will bring me to the suspension bridge and Grouse mountain. I want to do it all, but was wondering if I would be able to do the downtown sites on foot by myself and just take the guided tour for the suspension bridge and Grouse mtn?

I will have a full day to take in these sights. I would like to avoid paying for two tours.

So is the Georgian Hotel in walking distance to downtown? Will I miss alot if I don't take a guided tour of the city?

Thanks for your help.

I am trying to make a decision about some tours. I was going to do a hop on hop off type of tour of the city highlights. I then came across of a tour that will bring me to the suspension bridge and Grouse mountain. I want to do it all, but was wondering if I would be able to do the downtown sites on foot by myself and just take the guided tour for the suspension bridge and Grouse mtn?

I will have a full day to take in these sights. I would like to avoid paying for two tours.

So is the Georgian Hotel in walking distance to downtown? Will I miss alot if I don't take a guided tour of the city?

Thanks for your help.

The Georgian Court is kind of a sleeper on these boards, it is a great hotel in a great location. It is just that is probably the most easterly 4* hotel in the city but also in a nice quite location. I am sure that you will love it.

Yes you can walk from the GC to places like Gastown, Yaletown, the shops of Robson St, Pacific Centre, and Canada Place. You can walk to Stanley Park but it will be a 25 to 30 min walk in either direction so you may prefer to take a transit bus that runs east/west on Georgia St. Similarly you may care to take a transit bus to Granville Is.

I think you will appreciate the tour to the suspension bridge and Grouse Mtn. however a word to the wise, if it is raining or we have low cloud then don't bother going as you will not see anything from the mountain. Right now the cloud is so low and it is raining so hard even the seagulls are walking.;)

http://www.translink.bc.ca/

Thanks Putterdude! I can always count on you to give great advise and suggestions.

I guess I better wait to purchase tickets to the tour that I want that includes the Suspension bridge & Grouse Mtn. Is Sept a popular time to visit?

I guess I will check in with you a few days before I leave!

Thanks again. I can't wait untill I come to your beautiful city.

Thanks Putterdude! I can always count on you to give great advise and suggestions.

I guess I better wait to purchase tickets to the tour that I want that includes the Suspension bridge & Grouse Mtn. Is Sept a popular time to visit?

I guess I will check in with you a few days before I leave!

Thanks again. I can't wait untill I come to your beautiful city.

You are most welcome. Tourism is still perky in Sept but definitely on the wane, I doubt that you will have any trouble booking with either Vancouver Tours (Land Sea Tours) or the Vancouver Trolley folk the night before. Here are their links:

http://www.vancouvertours.com/

http://www.vancouvertrolley.com/north_shore_connector.php

We will leave the porch light on for you!:D

The Georgian Court is about 6 blocks from the 'main' part of downtown, but not a bad walk at all. It's very close (almost across the street) from both the hockey and football stadium if you're looking on a map.

As for getting around, you might want to consider getting a Translink (city buses/seabus/Skytrain) transit pass for $9/day and that can get you up to Grouse Mtn & the Cap suspension bridge pretty directly; and give you the opportunity to go almost anywhere you want. Also handy, as the Georgian Court is just down the street (2 blocks) from 'Stadium' SkyTrain station.

Archived