ABC Recommendation

angnadam

We will be travelling on AOS 10/26/08 and are currently signed up for the ABC Jeep Safari 5.5 hour tour. I was looking at the agenda and it does not go to the Natural Pool, however, it does go to Baby Beach for snorkeling and swimming. ABC has another 1/2 day tour that is 3 hours that does include Natural Pool.

What I was wondering is if seeing the Natural Pool is worth taking a 2.5 hour shorter tour and seeing less? I guess I have read such wonderful things about the Natural Pool and I didn't want to miss it if it is a "must see".

Does anyone know anything about Baby Beach??

Thanks!!!

Sandy

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

We used ABC Jeep tours for our cruise to Aruba. We did go to the NAtural pool BUT the stairs to get down to it were steep and narrow. With someone with bad knees there is no way I could have made it down and back.

So we stayed up top while every one else went for their swim.

We used ABC Jeep tours for our cruise to Aruba. We did go to the NAtural pool BUT the stairs to get down to it were steep and narrow. With someone with bad knees there is no way I could have made it down and back.

So we stayed up top while every one else went for their swim.

There is more than one way to arrive at the natural pool. If you take one route, it is true you'd have to walk down a mountain of steps, but the other route leads you direct to the lip of the pool.

I've been there 4 times and gotten lost on each occasion, but there is a way to get there without having to climb.

We just did the half day jeep safari with ABC and it was a great time. The ride alone just getting to the Natural Pool was wild...Talk about being bumpy etc. the jeep really rocked and rolled and it was fun. If there are people with back problems or walking problems I would not recommend it.

However, if you are able to make it then go for it. The Natural Pool was awesome, take a video camera if you can. We took our water camera too. While swimming, we just put our good camera in our back pack with our clothes and left it on the rocks with no problems. Just seeing the tremendous force of the waters crashing over the rocks coming into the pool was great. Well worth it. We went to the Natural Bridge and even though it collapsed it was beautiful. There is a smaller Natural bridge next to it to see also.

The Gold Ruins were ok, just something interesting to see though.

The Ayo Rock Formation- you viewed from the jeep only. Jamanota Hill was a lookout- great for pictures. We drove through the Arikok National Park.

I would highly recommend this as a fun way to spend half the day. We did the morning one.

You get dusty and your hair gets really wind blown too.

sklja

Archived