NYC pier information Miracle 8/29

CA27

We'll be going on the Miracle on 8/29, and since my father in-law will be dropping us off & picking us up, I'd like to figure out the times to arrive there. What would be the best time to get to the pier for the departure day?

Also, what time would be best to have FIL pick us up on our return? I hear a lot of people like to do the self assisted debarkation so that they can get off the ship early, but that might be tough on us since we're traveling with a 2 year old.

TIA

For the 4pm sailing, I planned on telling my DH 10am and hopefully arriving at the pier no later than 11am. It may be a bit much, 6hours, especially for a toddler. Someone on another thread suggested stroller/car seat (it's been ages since my kids were 2).

10am for pick up? Someone else on yet another thread pointed out that the ship would like to start Embarkation for the new passengers around 11am.

Hopefully more experienced members can answer your questions.

Enjoy your cruise! :D

I was on the 8-13-08 Miracle cruise. The VIP boarding began about 11:45.

As far as debarkation is concerned, we received debarkation number 5. Numbers 1-5 were the first group called after self-assist debark. I believe that we were called to disembark at about 9:20-9:30 am. I do not wear a watch on vacation so I am approximating a bit.

My wife and I left from the NY pier last September. As far as Embarkation I agree with what others are saying. Get there by about 11amish if you want to get on the ship for lunch. As far as debarkation I suggest having your father-in-law get to the area around 9am. Park a few blocks away where he can wait for your phone call. Once you walk off the ship(assume you take your own luggage) you are about a 5-7 minute walk to the road you can call him to drive and meet you out front (lower level I find works best). It can be hectic with cars but I think it will work out just fine.

My wife and I left from the NY pier last September. As far as Embarkation I agree with what others are saying. Get there by about 11amish if you want to get on the ship for lunch. As far as debarkation I suggest having your father-in-law get to the area around 9am. Park a few blocks away where he can wait for your phone call. Once you walk off the ship(assume you take your own luggage) you are about a 5-7 minute walk to the road you can call him to drive and meet you out front (lower level I find works best). It can be hectic with cars but I think it will work out just fine.

I agree! We were on the Miracle in May.. and we have cruised 9x out of NYC

Have your pick up wait on a side street.. the pick area is CROWDED.. You should start debarkation at around 9-930 .. unless of course it's late..

Does he have far to drive? I would call him on the cell... and let him know you are on time or not..

Enjoy!:)

Archived