Euro Penthouse Suites

trixie54

Hey Trixie, I'm with Sails, please let us know who you go with, your very smart to start your inquires now, because to get those PH's you will have to book more then a year in advance.

Now to you guys that have decided to take this inquiry about PH's into your philosophy of suite people, I just shake my head. This lady had a simple question, certainly I don't think she was looking for our opinions of suite people, infact I think she ask us not to flame her because she can afford that kind of life. If we wanted to go off on a tangent why don't we start a new thread about suite people and why they do what they do.

Anna, thanks for saying what I should of several post ago, I like your style and I couldn't have said it better.

Kryos made a comment on the Queen's grill on QM2 -I'd like to address that as well as the bigger cabin/more $$$$ etc. On a crossing on the QM2 we chose the Princess [Jr Suites] because of the Princess Grill -and our reasoning was this; I KNOW how noisy a dining room can get; I would prefer the smaller/quieter room for dinner - if we have to pay for that; so be it!

I know exactly what you mean. I sailed the QE2 in April of 2007 and we opted for a Caronia cabin even though it cost a bit more. The Caronia dining room is a step above the Martuina (sp?) dining room, but a step below the Grill class. But the biggest benefit to me and my cabin mate? Caronia has a small smoking section. Pure bliss to enjoy a smoke between courses. :) I don't know of any other cruise line that allows smoking in ANY of their dining venues. For that "unique" bennie, the cost of the cabin was worth the extra money, and the cabin -- while nothing fancy -- was a bit bigger ... an important consideration when you are sharing with someone.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Now to you guys that have decided to take this inquiry about PH's into your philosophy of suite people, I just shake my head. This lady had a simple question, certainly I don't think she was looking for our opinions of suite people, infact I think she ask us not to flame her because she can afford that kind of life. If we wanted to go off on a tangent why don't we start a new thread about suite people and why they do what they do.

I was responding to post #10 and #11 where the posters mentioned that if they were going to fork over the money for a suite, would sooner go on the luxury lines. I was offering my opinion as to why some people don't. I was not in any way, shape or form drawing judgments of "suite people." Rather, I was just offering my observations, as I clearly stated in my post.

We all spend our hard-earned money in the manner in which we see fit. For some, that is for luxury suites with all the amenities. For others, like myself, I prefer to have lower priced accommodations but do nice shore excursions in every port, as well as take longer, more exotic cruises. To each his own. I'd bet in the end, though, we are probably spending about the same ... one person on a ten-day cruise in the penthouse or a luxury suite, and me on a 35 day cruise in an inside cabin, but doing a shore excursion (some of them quite pricey) in just about every port. It's just a matter of how we choose to spend our disposable income.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I was responding to post #10 and #11 where the posters mentioned that if they were going to fork over the money for a suite, would sooner go on the luxury lines. I was offering my opinion as to why some people don't. I was not in any way, shape or form drawing judgments of "suite people." Rather, I was just offering my observations, as I clearly stated in my post.

We all spend our hard-earned money in the manner in which we see fit. For some, that is for luxury suites with all the amenities. For others, like myself, I prefer to have lower priced accommodations but do nice shore excursions in every port, as well as take longer, more exotic cruises. To each his own. I'd bet in the end, though, we are probably spending about the same ... one person on a ten-day cruise in the penthouse or a luxury suite, and me on a 35 day cruise in an inside cabin, but doing a shore excursion (some of them quite pricey) in just about every port. It's just a matter of how we choose to spend our disposable income.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I'm in agreement with you on this.........it certainly does depend on which direction you or I want to spend our disposable income.

As in - diapers :) I can't thank you enough, Rita, for the heads up on minimum age requirements! We have decided that the PS on Celebrity Summit meets ours needs best, with the connecting cabin for the "kids", with the great help from this thread.

I called RCCL & they do indeed have a min. age of 6 mos. as of departure date. We've reserved the suites, but can cancel with total refund up until Nov. of 2009 - by that time we'll know whether/how our little family is growing & can decide then.

We are also looking again at land options; but all of us LOVE to cruise, & I was shocked when I learned that the prices on many upscale resorts for similar lodging/service is WAY more than the Summit PS & adjoining SS!

I will keep you posted; it will be awhile now. And PathFinderEss is absolutely right - even booking now for winter of 2010, I've found a few options are already taken!

Thanks again, Trixie & Fam

Archived