Grand cayman question on Freedom of the Seas

I will be on Freedom of the seas during spring break and was wondering a few things 1)when we tender in Grand Cayman at 8:00 how long will it take and 2)we are booked aboard the pirate cruise any reviews? 3) The pirate cruise is from 12-2 any suggestion of what to do between 8-11 with two children ages 6 and 9?:)

They might enjoy the Turtle Farm or some sand time on 7 Mile Beach.

The tender ride isn't very long, maybe 10-15 minutes at the most, you just

have to wait until the ship gets the okay to disembark passengers and you

are on your way. Do you know if you will need to get tender tickets?

I will be on Freedom of the seas during spring break and was wondering a few things 1)when we tender in Grand Cayman at 8:00 how long will it take and 2)we are booked aboard the pirate cruise any reviews? 3) The pirate cruise is from 12-2 any suggestion of what to do between 8-11 with two children ages 6 and 9?:)

We did the Pirate Cruise in GC earlier this month. My kids, DD 10, DS 7 and DS 3, had a blast. The pirates were very good and everyone seemed to have a good time. There is a swim stop where you can "walk the plank" and swim. There were people who brought snokel equipment for the swim stop. My wife and I enjoyed the rum punch they supplied for the adults.

You can go to youtube.com and search grand cayman pirate cruise and see videos of what goes on during the cruise.

You do not need to get an 8am tender for a noon excursion. You might want to stay on board, have a sit down breakfast in the dinning room, and take a later tender.

There are some shops and whatnot within walking distance of the dock--you may want to "window shop" a bit before your excursion! I wouldn't rush to get off the ship, tho--4 hours is a long time to kill with kids in tow!

I would say that it is a short tnder ride. I was there on the Freedom back in March. The only advice that I give you is if you do not have a shore excursion early wait untill 9 or 930 to get off. We went down right at 8ish and there was a line up past the fourth floor. We went back to our room then went down just after 9 and walked right onto the tender. I would say for the children they might like the Turtle Farm. This was a nice place to see and be able to touch and hold sea Turtles. The children should like it.

Archived