8 month old, 7 ngt on NCL & how "do we do this"?

brianosaur

This will be cruise #4 -and the first one that is 2+1 for us. We'll be going from NYC to Bermuda on the Norwegian Dawn.

While I have seen families and kids on board before, I really never gave them a second thought on how to handle the week and all its nuances.

Been reading this forum section for ideas, but are there any tips you could give us?

Best way to go about meals?

Dinner time and NCL freestyle restaurants?

How about seeing the nighttime shows?

We were just thinking about going late and having a reclining sleepy stroller along side us.

Shore trips? (we always do our own thing - never w/ the ships excursions)

We brought a stroller she could nap in, so we were not trapped in the cabin for nap time. I was still nursing her - so we did not need to drag formula with us, this ended up being a great thing because nursing ALWAYS calmed her down if she was upset.

The best thing we did was bring little (soft/quiet) toys the dining room and we ask for the same wait staff every night.

We requested they bring her french fries as soon as we sat down...she did not eat many, but it kept her busy and she got ice cream every night too. I also brought some snacks with us that I knew she liked.

We checked out the menus before sitting down to dinner so we could orde right away and she would not need to sit any longer than needed. One of us left with her if she got cranky...only happened onces and in fairness to her - I was pretty tired too and prefectly happy to go to the cabin and nurse her and go to sleep.

We brought my ILs so there was a 4 to 1 adult to child ratio. We booked tours though the cruiseline with buses, so I did not need to worry as much about a car seat in a taxi.

Plenty of diapers, wipes and purell.

We all had a wonderful time.

We brought a stroller she could nap in, so we were not trapped in the cabin for nap time. I was still nursing her - so we did not need to drag formula with us, this ended up being a great thing because nursing ALWAYS calmed her down if she was upset.

Funny.... a boob in the mouth always seems to calm most of the grown up male species too.....hrmmmmmm :p

Archived