Please help me decide quickly!!!

summercruisin'

Looking to book a quick last minute getaway. Gonna have to take the kids (DS 7 years, DD 18 months at cruise time), as I don't have much family to help. Looking forward to cruising with them; they both travel very well, and DS has cruised before. We've always cruised Carnival and loved it. We will enjoy spending 90% of cruise time with kids (including beach time) but would like to have a few hours one night to do the bar thing.

Here are the choices and pros / cons:

1. Carnival Imagination - PROS: another notch in the Carnival belt!, we know we like the food, we know we are comfy with room sizes, we are okay with taking kids to dining room (or taking them out as needed), has a long day in Nassau then a day at sea (which gives DS time to play in new waterpark), we know about babysitting possibilities

CONS: those possibilities are group babysitting late at night (DD may not sleep with others playing around her, but is good about routine disruptions), only one beach day (and we all love them!) and it is in Nassau - don't even know if we'll be able to get to a beach without carrying a carseat (we won't risk DD's life by putting her in a car without one)

2. Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas - PROS: private island stop, with (I assume) no driving necessary to hit the beach; possible in-room babysitting; new shows (I feel like I've seen all of Carnival's); new line = new experience

CONS: I heard the food isn't as good as Carnival's and that the rooms are much smaller; I've heard there are jellyfish at the private island frequently (that puts a damper in the beach day); I worry that the in-room babysitting will be almost impossible to secure and that I'll be nervous the whole time; no little kid friendly water park

What am I leaving out that I should consider before making my decision? Could you please offer any insight that might help me out? Thanks in advance!! I tend to think things through until I worry myself sick!

Are you all going to be in one room? If so, then I would go on Imagination, unless you can get at least a Superior Oceanview if not a suite on Majesty. Majesty's regular staterooms are TINY and if you will have 4 people in the room (assuming the youngest will be in a pack N play) then you will have less than no space.

Is this the 3 day on the Imagination? We sailed the Imagination on a 5 day and really enjoyed it, and it included a private island stop (Half Moon). Imagination has recently been renovated so has the water park and a nice Camp area. Our kids really enjoyed it. Our room was oceanview 2 upper beds and 2 lower scooted together. Crowded but tolerable, enough storage, (2 adults, 7DD and 3DS). Hope that helps...

Yes if I had to choose between THOSE 2 ships and couldn't do a suite, it would be Imagination then.

I love Coco Cay, but staying in a small Majesty cabin wouldn't be much fun with a 18 month old.

I had the same choice, Sovereign (Majesty's sister ship) or Wonder. I chose Disney Wonder for the simple fact that I couldn't get a balcony on Sovereign.

Thanks, everybody! That helped a bunch! I have the hardest time making decisions, and we are limited to those two ships due to timing, vacation options (I'm a teacher and can't take off too many days), and cost (since it's last minute...no time to save up!). Gotta make a decision soon, though. I think it'll be Carnival!

Archived