Anybody stayed in a stateroom under the pool area?

margbem

We just got off of Sovereign and we were in a suite just under the pool deck and the noise of chairs, feet and the band was terrible at night. I am not sure how sure how the newer ships would be under the pool deck but I know that we will not make that mistake again. We were on Legend under the pool deck and had no problems, but I think the room was in a good spot were there was not a lot of traffic. If you post your cabin number someone may be able to tell you how it was if there were in that cabin. Or you could just party all night and it won't matter:p .

We are on Splendour, which is the same as the Legend (Vision class). We are in the Royal family Suite 8032, so it's right at the end of the suite area, next to the Explorers' Lounge, which I believe is the internet room.

We were in a JS on the Vision under the pool deck. We could hear chairs moving/scraping back and forth - mainly real early in the morning and at night. In the early hours the staff moves the chairs to clean the deck. Because I like to sleep in, we won't choose that area again.

We were in a GS on Radiance 5 years ago which was under the Solarium Pool area.. the noise was terrible. Starting very early in the morning and sometimes very late at night people would be moving chairs or tables up there. Obviously during the day didn't bother us as we were not trying to sleep. I couldn't understand why they put their more expensive cabins directly under the pool areas.

Now - it did not ruin our cruise. I'm not sure anything could ruin a cruise unless it would be illness.

When we went back on Radiance, we opted for a hump cabin on deck 8. I only select cabins now that are between two other cabin decks.

We had issues on Sov as we were under the basketball court....2am they were up there playing backetball...DH had to find a security person to get them to stop....not fun. Have been also under pools, and yes in the AM you will hear the chairs being setup. Depends on the ship....

Just got back from Independence OTS and we were on deck 10 below the pool deck. We were disturbed a couple of nights after pool parties as once they are over they move the loungers etc. back to where they were before the party.

Didnt get much noise any other time from above.

We've been under both the pool and WJ on both Radiance and Voyager class. Under the WJ (on Rad.) we could hear chairs after dinner on the outside deck, but it wasn't late and didn't interfere with sleeping by any means. Under the pool--no noise at all. There is quite a bit of separation between the ceiling in your cabin and the deck above you.

I've never been on the "suite" deck on the older ships!

Hi -I've sailed SOS twice and stayed under pool deck. There are dragging noises from setting up chairs and things- not too bad. The sounds I thought were worse were running feet (prob. kids) late at night but I still fell asleep no problem. Enjoy your trip!!

We too had a cabin under the pool area, on the Grand Princess though. We could hear the chairs being moved above. Plus, we actually had water leak into our cabin from the ceiling!! :eek: We will never stay below the pool again.

I don't plan on getting to bed until at least after midnight each night. Should we hear a lot of noise real early in the morning, we'll get up, put our suits on and get primo spots on deck and perhaps snooze - I can not wait for this vacation and nothing is ruining it!!!

I've been under the pool deck on Explorer, Radiance, Serenade, Monarch, and Vision... it was most noticeable on Explorer and Radiance because I was under a high traffic area, and it woke me up in the morning...but any time you are under, above, or adjacent to a public area, you are prone to noise issues. If absolute quiet is your goal you need a cabin sandwiched in between other decks of cabins (and then hope your neighbors are not real loud :) ).

We are on Splendour, which is the same as the Legend (Vision class). We are in the Royal family Suite 8032, so it's right at the end of the suite area, next to the Explorers' Lounge, which I believe is the internet room.

Hello, I just got off the Enchantment last weekend (Sister ship to Splendour,Both Vision Class) I was in the 1st JS starboard side forward right next to the Royal Family Suite.. I did hear scrapping chairs late at night for a bit and also the music if you went and sat on the Balcony. I didn't let either bother me though.. I guess it would be just wise of you to EXPECT IT and then if you do hear it you will not be cought off guard right ? Enjoy that Nice Suite. I spoke to my Nice neighbor several times on the Balcony whom had their Royal Family Suite and they loved it !:D

Archived