Summit CC to Sky Suite 6146 worth the money?

Hi This will be my 1st cruise with Celebrity. Have been on RCL (I am D+) princess, & carnival.

I have a cruise a booked on the summit this January of 09. I had booked a CC room, and after reviewing the Celebrity boards, heard how great Sky Suite 6146 was! It happened to open up so I jumped on it. Now that it is a week later I am thinking is it really worth $1,700.00 more? I am thinking of switching back to the CC, after air, and one night hotel in San Juan, it is really starting to add up. On RCCL I always Stay in a JS or GS, But was looking to scale down a bit, this summit cruise will be my 3rd within a year. Any one that has stayed in both your help would be great.

I also posted this on the Celebrity board.

Thanks Cruisejunkie4ever!:confused: :confused: :confused:

I have not sailed on this ship, but for my money, I would switch back to a

CC Cat. and try for a midship (perhaps on the Panorama deck) versus the

SS 6141. To pay $1700 more for 61 square feet is not a good deal if just

2 persons sailing on a seven day cruise. My next seven day cruise balcony for two persons totaled $1700, so I would rather have two cruses vs 61 additional square feet. (just MHO)

If you want a large room we have heard that you should book a CC class aft cabin. If they are all gone then I would stay in the CC room unless you need to have lots of extra space. The room and bathroom are just fine for two people. You get some nice extra perks and we have always enjoyed these rooms on this class ship. On the Galaxy etc. the rooms are smaller. If it were me I would save the $$ and go to a CC room.

We have been in the SS on the Summit and it is a lovely cabin. It is comparable to the JS on the Radiance class but much nicer. The primo CC cabins are the 12 afts with the great balconies and 6143/6144. If one of those is available I would switch. We have stayed in 6144 too.

6145/6146 have a regular door to the balcony, not a sliding door. The cabin seemed a little dark to me because of it.

The location is great. It's nice and quiet back there too.

6131/6132 are also SS cabins and they have a terrific balcony and sliding door for more light. The balcony is not as sheltered but it is huge. Friends were in 6132.

You will get all kinds of advice. Enjoy your cruise no matter which stateroom you end up engaging.

• 2 weeks later...

We just upgraded from a CC to SS 6132. It is for a 14 night Med cruise and it was only $400 per person more. For that kind of money we thought the extra space and the butler service would be well worth it. For $1700 we would have stayed in the CC.

Archived