Disembarking FLL, flying from Miami, no car, want to shop!

itf

OK, this is a tricky one, I guess! Please keep in mind, I'm a Brit and I haven't a clue about the geography of Florida!

Here's the problem...

We're disembarking at Fort Lauderdale early on Sunday November 30th and we don't need to be at Miami Airport until 6pm.

My other half really wants to shop in the thanksgiving sales before we fly home as we won't have been able to do any before embarking.

I don't want to drive in the US (am from the UK) so am at the mercy of public transport or cabs.

So several questions really - what would be a good mall to go to? Does anyone have a good idea what to do with our baggage? And how easy is it to get to Miami Airport - what method would people suggest? How much would a cab be?

I'm thinking maybe some mall equidistant from Miami to Lauderdale so we could get a cab from FLL > mall and then mall > Miami Airport?

Any help gratefully received!

OK, this is a tricky one, I guess! Please keep in mind, I'm a Brit and I haven't a clue about the geography of Florida!

Here's the problem...

We're disembarking at Fort Lauderdale early on Sunday November 30th and we don't need to be at Miami Airport until 6pm.

My other half really wants to shop in the thanksgiving sales before we fly home as we won't have been able to do any before embarking.

I don't want to drive in the US (am from the UK) so am at the mercy of public transport or cabs.

So several questions really - what would be a good mall to go to? Does anyone have a good idea what to do with our baggage? And how easy is it to get to Miami Airport - what method would people suggest? How much would a cab be?

I'm thinking maybe some mall equidistant from Miami to Lauderdale so we could get a cab from FLL > mall and then mall > Miami Airport?

Any help gratefully received!

Hi ITF

You have a long flight home so some great shopping beforehand will ease your concerns!!!

We arrived into Miami and had a late flight home from FLL.

Check out Sawgrass Mills in Fort Lauderdale. It's enormous and an amazing place to shop. We couldn't see it all in one day so have made a point to go back when we are in Florida in November,

I would suggest you call Steve at 1 954 600 0240 or email him at SAS9897@AOL.com for your transport needs. Just tell him what you are looking for and he'll accomodate. Great shuttle service that allows you to personalize your trip! Steve will also hold your luggage for you until he returns to pick you up later.

Have a great time, we'll be in Fort Lauderdale on the 30th November as well as we are sailing out on the Carnival Freedom that day

Enjoy

Scouser :)

Archived