Food you like the best ?

southbayer

I enjoyed almost everything I ate on my last cruise, but the one thing that I miss and can't wait to have again, were the breakfast pastries.

Nothing like I have ever had before! Flaky and crisp and just sweet enough. I wish I had tried them from day one!!

If I were putting together the ideal dinner menu:

Appetizer: Fruit cup (my last attempt at healthy)

Salad: Tossed Salad with Bleu Cheese

Soup: Gazpacho

Entree: Short Ribs

Dessert: Warm Chocolate Melting Cake.

For lunch: Reuben from the deli

Doc

a few yrs ago i had the puff pastry w/ shrimp, scallops and lobster in cream sauce in puff pastry-it was awesome!!!!!! also love the minced mushroom & barley soup- chilled mango soup is also good- the swans for dessert were very good too!!! being allergic to pultry is hard as i have to make sure the soups are either beef or pork based and carnival is very good about having a soup on the menu each night that i can enjoy..

Lobster wonderful, perfect sweet flavor~ ate 2 dinners. Loved anything shrimp. It was as good as it gets. Fresh, sweet... oh my gosh! Shrimp cocktail and fried shrimp... amazing! I got them as appetizers often. Have to also say the Choc. Melting cake is a 10! Be sure to order it with an espresso or a capachino... or as I did~ both! Now that's a party in itself!! It will also help you hold an amp after a long wonderful day.

I'm not a burger person, but our first meal on the ship on the lido deck was one of the best burgers and fries I've had. (Next to in-n-out burger).

Their pizza was great- they didn't use too much sauce and the crust was perfect.

One night they had chicken tenders on the kids menu. Sounds yuck, but after my son didn't touch them I thought I'd try one. THE BEST. I asked for them each night after and they said they only offered them one night. Be sure and try them if you have kids:)

The breakfast omelets were awesome, but there was always a long line.

On Spirit I really liked the strawberry bisque, asparagus veloute, the crab cakes and sauteed mushrooms in the Supper Club.

DH loved the crab cakes in the Supper Club as well. Also, the dessert (in Supper Club) called 'chocolate tarte' which is actually 6 or 7 shot glasses filled with various chocolate desserts was his very favorite food of all time. He also really loved the fried shrimp in the main dining room.

I'm not much of a hot dog eater, but I did think the hot dogs at the grill were really good with the chili-even if the chili did have beans.

We enjoyed the food so much that I ended up purchasing the three Carnival cookbooks which includes the cocktail recipes book. I've made the crab cakes with roasted red pepper remoulade several times and I can say I've never had better-they are so delicious.

seafood! I have whatever seafood is on the dinner menu almost every night. I love the tilapia, grouper, shrimp and lobster.

Creme brulees and chocolate melting cake!!

only 70 days to wait!!

heck no! Think I'll head to Red Lobster!:D that will hold me over until cruise time.

My dh isn't a seafood lover--I guess that's why I enjoy it so much on a cruise.

Nice to hear they're having the WCMC in the Lido now! Awesome!

For me, mushroom ragout, but I don't think they serve that anymore. Second would be beef wellington, but again, I don't think they serve that anymore either!

Oh NOOOOOO!!! Beef Wellington was always one of my cruise"must have" selections for dinner!!!!!

Also on my must haves was the goat cheese pizza and a different dessert every night!

Soups & Salads -

Dinner salad with fresh squeezed lemon juice

Pumpkin soup

Desserts -

Spa Carnival Coconut Cake

Spa Carnival Orange Cake

Chocolate frozen yogurt

From the Fish & Chips restaurant -

Cider battered fish

Fried oysters

Oh, man! I need to book another cruise :D .

Archived