Price Drops/OBC/Upgrades -- You guys are amazing!

Lilmatcat

Although I only recently joined the CC boards, I have been reading them for awhile now. I am continually amazed by the wealth of knowledge of fellow cruisers and how willing you are to provide helpful hints to others.

Until reading this board, I always thought that once you booked a cabin, whatever rate you got is what it was. If it went up -- good for you. If it went down -- oh well. Of course, you seasoned veterans have taught me differently.

I currently have two cruises booked and just recently experienced my first savings. We are on the Freedom next spring and had three oceanview 6A's booked. Someone pointed out that Carnival would be having a one-day sale this week so we contacted them and indeed there were price drops on our cruise. Rather than take the savings, we decided to put the money into a Veranda level balcony. The total cost to move from our 6A to an 8C on THREE cabins was $108.00 ($36 per room). We are ecstatic!

Our other cruise was one that we just booked this week. We are taking a quick five-day Eastern route and decided to go with an inexpensive inside room since we have the nicer cabins next spring. With a military rate, we were at a total cost of $675 for the two of us. On the evening we booked, the price dropped by $66 total and offered a one-category upgrade. The next morning it dropped again, reflecting a total savings of $126.

At first Carnival offered us a two-category upgrade and a $20 OBC. A couple emails later -- with us reminding the supervisor that we were within the 24-hour period for the Best Price Guarantee -- they offered the full $126 OBC and ALSO let us stay with the two-category upgrade. This is all because of you guys and the information I learned on CC -- so THANK YOU!!!

Although I only recently joined the CC boards, I have been reading them for awhile now. I am continually amazed by the wealth of knowledge of fellow cruisers and how willing you are to provide helpful hints to others.

Until reading this board, I always thought that once you booked a cabin, whatever rate you got is what it was. If it went up -- good for you. If it went down -- oh well. Of course, you seasoned veterans have taught me differently.

I currently have two cruises booked and just recently experienced my first savings. We are on the Freedom next spring and had three oceanview 6A's booked. Someone pointed out that Carnival would be having a one-day sale this week so we contacted them and indeed there were price drops on our cruise. Rather than take the savings, we decided to put the money into a Veranda level balcony. The total cost to move from our 6A to an 8C on THREE cabins was $108.00 ($36 per room). We are ecstatic!

Our other cruise was one that we just booked this week. We are taking a quick five-day Eastern route and decided to go with an inexpensive inside room since we have the nicer cabins next spring. With a military rate, we were at a total cost of $675 for the two of us. On the evening we booked, the price dropped by $66 total and offered a one-category upgrade. The next morning it dropped again, reflecting a total savings of $126.

At first Carnival offered us a two-category upgrade and a $20 OBC. A couple emails later -- with us reminding the supervisor that we were within the 24-hour period for the Best Price Guarantee -- they offered the full $126 OBC and ALSO let us stay with the two-category upgrade. This is all because of you guys and the information I learned on CC -- so THANK YOU!!!

Man, you're a pro already! Congratulations... you got some great deals! :)

Archived