snorkel Grand Turk

maddiesky

My adult daughter and I would like to try snorkling for the first time. Can someone give us a few suggestions.....any tips or short excursion or tour we could take? How about a reasonable under water camera to try?:)

I can't offer any first hand tips about snorkeling in Grand Turk, but I am sure you will enjoy it.

As for an underwater camera to try, one of the cheapest and easiest ways to go is to bring a couple underwater disposable cameras with you. You can buy them at Target/Wal-Mart/Walgreens etc. Get them before you go they are about $10 at home and $20 in the islands. Pack them in your carry on luggage, as the X-ray machines they use at some airports for the checked bags can damage film. They take fairly good pictures especially in shallow water. (If you are snorkeling you will be in shallow water.)

A couple of general snorkeling tips, wear a t-shirt while you snorkel to avoid some world class sun burn. Also you might want to bring a pair of those ankle length socks with to wear with the fins. This will help prevent blisters from your feet rubbing in the fins while you snorkel.

Archived