wedding!

My daughter has just become engaged and wants to take a cruise for the wedding.

My questions are:

How many people do you need in your group to get a group discount?

How much on average do you save booking as a group?

Any suggestions? We are thinking a Mexican Riviera cruise to PV, Maz. and Cabo. Is there a nice resort that they could get married at on the beach?

Thanks all!

Book 8 cabins, get one of the berths free (plus port taxes and fees).

Berth that is free is the 'average' of the cabins booked...IE, 3 balconies, 3 insides, 2 outsides, the free birth would be one of the beds in the outside.

There are a ton of rules...ie, space must be blocked, you cannot have everyone book themselves then call RCI and call it a group after the fact.

you can give the free berth away, divide the total costs evenly, etc. Any way you want, that is your call.

But! You can book 8 inside cabins, let folks call RCI and they can decide if they want to upgrade their cabin, etc.....it will still be considered part of your group.

Best bet...find a solid TA, work with them, let them handle the details!

BON VOYAGE AND CONGRATS

wow, sounds like it gets a little hairy! I'll have to work with a TA then, weigh the differences! We have time, it's March of 2010!

I think this is a genius idea for a wedding! Her dad and I are divorced but both remarried so we can all meet at the resort for the wedding, then, since it's the MOS and a huge ship, really see the kids separately say meet up with them for an excursion maybe or a meal here or there, meet for picture separately, without ever actually sharing the vacation/wedding together! We can be in the same room, but it's nice we both can enjoy the vacation, not bother the kids too much so they'll have time alone too, and not have to feel like we are sharing a vacation with our ex's!

Archived