Glory excursions on our own for 9/13

outdrbik

We are sailing on the Glory on 9/13 heading to Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Martin. We would like to do our own excursions to cut down on cost.

We are looking at going to the beach at the Hilton in Nassau.

Any ideas for St. Thomas, or St. Martin? I know we could take a ferry over to St. John to check that out. Does anyone know how much that would cost?

Any suggestions would be great! We are definately into the kayaking, and snorkeling.

Thanks!

Depending on how long you're in St. Thomas I've always thought the trip over to St. Johns took too long. I would hop in a cab and go to either Coki or Sapphire beach instead. Both have good snorkeling - not as good as I've heard on St. John but you'll definately enjoy it. In St. Martin I feel Orient Beach is not to be missed. We had read everywhere that snorkeling in St. Martin was no good so we didn't bring our snorkel stuff. Wish we would have - a couple sitting next to us went out just near the breakaway from clothing optional part of the beach and said it was fantastic. I'm quite sure they were refering to sea life and not nude life :eek: . I've read great things about the Hilton beach in Nassau. We always try to hop on a catamaran while on this island.

Hello, we are going on the Glory in October on the same venue and we have decided to go with Bernards Tours on St Maartin it is $35.00 pp he can be found here: http://www.bernardstours.com/ and on St Thomas we are going with Burlie at $25.00 pp and she can be found here: http://www.viscenictours.com/ I saw that Bernard was highly rated here on the CC boards... Good Luck...

When we were in St Thomas we booked with Godfrey. We did a nice scenic tour, we went to a high point where we had banana daiquiri and took some great pictures. He dropped some off to shop and others at Coki beach where he hooked us up with lockers and snorkel equipment for a few hours. It was well worth the $20 p/p, I do think he is now $25 you can find him by doing a google search. Have a great cruise :)

Archived