NCL Sky 9/1/08 Questions about Hurricane and Latitudes

SnootieTootie

Good evening all. We are scheduled for back to back cruises on the Sky 9/01/08 and 9/05/08.

We have cruised NCL many times, but never during hurricane season. What is everyone's guess as to what will happen this week? Cruise to no where, or cancel?

Also, our last cruise was on the Majesty to Bermuda May 31. At that time our latitudes status was listed as silver, although we knew that we had been on NCL many times more than we were being credited with. With the help of the latitudes dept, we were able to document additional cruises, and our status went from silver to platinum, skipping gold.

So...my question is, what does the welcome basket that is offered to gold and platinum members contain? I also understand we will receive a few more goodies, none of which really mean anything to us other than the free Le Bistro voucher. Who cares about fruit and cookies in your room when you can get all you want from the buffet??

Thanks in advance for any answers that anyone can offer.

I have no previous experience with NCL to add to this, but my wife and I are also on the 9/1 Sky cruise and I've been tracking Gustav (which at one point early on was projected to hit Florida this weekend) and Hanna for a good week now.

Based on the storm tracks, my guess is that the most likely itinerary change would be a Cozumel run with two sea days. Someone previously pointed out that Bermuda is almost too far to go to on a short cruise, it appears Cozumel won't even get tropical storm force winds from this storm, and Gustav should move quickly enough that the ship could cross the Gulf on Monday/Tuesday after the storm moves north.

Hamiltito, I wish you a safe trip to the port. Hopefully flights will not be effected. I heard this morning there is a tornado warning until 9:00 pm tonight for Miami Dade county.

I am just hoping that we will board the ship and go out to sea, after that, as long as we are safe, we can go with the flow. A cruise to No where would be ok with me, since we are going on the 3 day cruise following the 4 day. Hopefully over the course of the 7 days, we will get to visit at least one port.

We Like To Cruise, thanks for the info, it will be nice to have a bottle of wine in our room upon arrival.

I am just hoping that we will board the ship and go out to sea, after that, as long as we are safe, we can go with the flow. A cruise to No where would be ok with me

Ditto! As long as we are on the ship and floating, we are happy!!!! Can't wait...:D

Archived