Any Post Offices near the dock?

stillabrownsfan

While visiting the last port on our Alaskan cruise, I (and many others from our ship) went to the nearby post office, purchased a Priority Mail flat rate box and loaded it full of "stuff" that we'd accumulated - brochures, small souveniers, really anything we could fit into the box and shipped it home. With luggage weight a concern now, it really helped. I would like to do this again for my Hawaii cruise, RT out of LA. Our last 2 ports are Nawiliiwili, Kauai and Lahaina, Maui. Can anyone familiar with these ports tell me if there is a Post Office within walking distance of the dock at either of these locations? Thanks for your help,

Carol

Carol - I don't remember there being anything, but what I would do would be to get on the web and see if there are any "Mail Boxes Etc." (or UPS stores)nearby - you'll probably have more luck in Maui than Kauai. We've done this(shipping stuff home) from Kona with lots of success.

Have a great cruise!

132 Papalaua ST

Lahaina, HI 96761

Put this address into Google Map or any map website and it will show you that this is within wallking distance of the the tender dock. It is right off Front Street and I am sure any local will be happy to point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps. Also, don't know anything about locations on Kauai, but you can go to http://www.usps.com and use the locate an office link to find one.

Janet

While visiting the last port on our Alaskan cruise, I (and many others from our ship) went to the nearby post office, purchased a Priority Mail flat rate box and loaded it full of "stuff" that we'd accumulated - brochures, small souveniers, really anything we could fit into the box and shipped it home. With luggage weight a concern now, it really helped. I would like to do this again for my Hawaii cruise, RT out of LA. Our last 2 ports are Nawiliiwili, Kauai and Lahaina, Maui. Can anyone familiar with these ports tell me if there is a Post Office within walking distance of the dock at either of these locations? Thanks for your help,

Carol

Carol,

I just wanted to let you know that when we were on a land vacation to Maui a couple of years ago, we actually parked very close to this post office. We went to breakfast at a place very close to the post office and then walked to the area where the tenders docked. If Maui is your last stop I highly recommend waiting and shipping your stuff from there. It is a very easy walk to the post office from the tender dock.

We actually needed a pay phone and used the one that was located at the post office so I am very familar with this area. :-)

Hope you have a great Hawaii cruise. We are taking the Golden RT from LA in December and I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Janet

QUOTE=stillabrownsfan;16075385]Thank you both for your suggestions. I appreciate it :)

Carol

The post office is near the corner of Front Street and Papalaua St. The back of the PO faces the street.

When you leave the tender walk to Front Street and turn left. Walk thru town about .5 miles. Just across the street from Bubba Gumps Shrimp House (889 Front Street) is the driveway to the parking lot that the PO faces.

I like to buy stamps there because it is rarely crowded and the people are friendly.

Enjoy your trip.

Archived