Floor preferences?

Julie.

I will try and answer your question..regarding the Spa deck. All that is on this deck is the Spa and the few spa deck cabins. It is a great location on the ship.

I think the reason you pay more for cabins on higher decks is due to the location to the outside decks....such as the pool areas/water slide/spa/buffets, etc. Also, at disembarkment it has ALWAYS been our experience that they call the higher decks for disembarkment first.

Just my opinion , but iur family likes to be up higher on the ship..less stairs to climb for outside activities!

Carla

We sailed in cabin 1115 on Spa deck twice on the Conquest. I did have pictures but my computer crashed and I lost them all.

I will check and see if I still have them on webshots and get back to you...

Just wondering if those of you who have cruised a lot have floor preferences. Is it worth paying more for the Panorama deck versus the Verandah deck?

I will no loger book a Verandah Deck cabin. After being on this deck on the Valor, Liberty and Splendor, It's too noisy in the cabin from the activity above. On the Liberty, we were under the all night Pizzeria and woke up a numer of times from the noise of pizza pans being flung. On Valor and Splendor, often heard what sounded like rolling carts during the night. Have a buffer deck of cabins above you!

Also' date=' at disembarkment it has ALWAYS been our experience that they call the higher decks for disembarkment first.[/size']

Don't count on this anymore, I know it seemed it used to work that way, but now they are doing zones. You get zone numbers to put on your luggage the night before disembarkment. I think it goes up to 35 (at least on the Liberty it did.) You get a low zone if you have a flight or something to catch, then it goes from there. As you ae waiting to disembark they call the zone numbers, not by decks anymore. We were zone 30, I guess since we only had to drive to Orlando from Miami.

Still love the upper decks.

I will no loger book a Verandah Deck cabin. After being on this deck on the Valor, Liberty and Splendor, It's too noisy in the cabin from the activity above. On the Liberty, we were under the all night Pizzeria and woke up a numer of times from the noise of pizza pans being flung. On Valor and Splendor, often heard what sounded like rolling carts during the night. Have a buffer deck of cabins above you!

This is true if you book an aft cabin or a cabin from mid ships towards the back of the ship. Try one near the front of the ship!!!

I decided that I do prefer having a floor!:rolleyes:

Given a choice, I have almost exclusively gone with the Empress deck, and always loved it. Monday we will have both Empress Deck, and a Free Suite on the Verandah Deck thanks to the BEST Upgrade EVER. After paying for the Empress Deck at Past guest discount, we paid $107 extra total for 5 ppl, and got the Suite for free!:D Gotta love these kind of deals!! DAVE

Archived