Water in the pools

teacher 4

That reminds me, we haven't had a swimmies thread in a long long time. You think people are finally getting the message?

Folks are just bringing them kids in naked... as with the formal dining attire, there is nothing in the contract that explicitly says that children can't be in the pools naked... :cool:

Torpedo tube #2 launching... watch out... :eek:

Okay, so here's my question:

Some of our friends have a pool that they converted to a salt-water filtration system. So is it just that the cruise ships prefer to use the salt-water filtration to save on chemicals and such, or is it actually filtered ocean water with nothing added???

I'm dying to understand this!

I've always assumed people hear "salt water" and think they are swimming in the ocean, but some people have salt water pools in their back yards.

Some of our friends have a pool that they converted to a salt-water filtration system. So is it just that the cruise ships prefer to use the salt-water filtration to save on chemicals and such, or is it actually filtered ocean water with nothing added???

I've always assumed people hear "salt water" and think they are swimming in the ocean, but some people have salt water pools in their back yards.

It is ocean water pumped right out of the sea. Fish poop and all.

Dan

None of the carnival ships have fresh water swim pools.

The hot tubs all have fresh water and chlorine... but that is a Health requirement due to all the sweat pouring off peoples bodies into the hot water... coagulating in the center of the tub... and against the walls of the tub that folks are leaning up against... :D

Which may be a gross-out to many people, but not to those of us who have wrestled or engaged in other activities that involve contact between sweaty bodies....Did I say that:confused::o

Which may be a gross-out to many people, but not to those of us who have wrestled or engaged in other activities that involve contact between sweaty bodies....Did I say that:confused::o

Sweat from a spouse or other significant other is a lot different than say some like Roseanne Bar, or George Castanza, Rosi O'Donnel... or Dick Chainey... :eek:

It is not the same as your friends pool. It is actual sea water with a filter............

Sounds like the water must be very cold, is it?

Cruise ship pools are both small and shallow. The water heats up fairly quick.

Pools are too small to do any real swimming. Just a couple of strokes from one end to the other, if that.

Dan

Archived