CB Canada New England 8/24-8/31

beckcab

Love To Cook -

I was also on this cruise. Newport has a fantastic port - one of the nicest I have visited. There is a nice Visitor's Info center and plenty of shopping and dining right around the dock. DW and I did a tour of the Vanderbilt Mansion which we enjoyed, but later wished we had just spent the day walking around the shops. IMHO you don't need to do an excursion at this port.

Express walk-off was offered, starting at 7:15. People were asked to meet in the Coral dining room (deck 6 midship) prior to filing out. You have to ask for tickets at the Pursers desk in advance. The process was very orderly -we showed up at 8:15 and walked right off, through customs and into a taxi. We were at Laguardia before 9am.

The only time we had a wait for anytime dining was the first night. After that I called and made reservations and there was no wait. The reservations staff were very helpful--you can make reservations up to 48 hours in advance.

What time did you go to dinner the first night?

We won't make reservations each night - we like to just go when we want to go but we usually are at the dining rooms before 6:30.

Love To Cook -

I was also on this cruise. Newport has a fantastic port - one of the nicest I have visited. There is a nice Visitor's Info center and plenty of shopping and dining right around the dock. DW and I did a tour of the Vanderbilt Mansion which we enjoyed, but later wished we had just spent the day walking around the shops. IMHO you don't need to do an excursion at this port.

Express walk-off was offered, starting at 7:15. People were asked to meet in the Coral dining room (deck 6 midship) prior to filing out. You have to ask for tickets at the Pursers desk in advance. The process was very orderly -we showed up at 8:15 and walked right off, through customs and into a taxi. We were at Laguardia before 9am.

Tom

Thanks for the info!!!:)

Archived