The book about the ship in your cabin?

MalibuBarbie

I don't know if anyone can help me or not because I am not even sure what I am talking about! Okay, I am getting married aboard the Splendor in May 2010. Most of my guests will be first time cruisers (including us) so we are definitely in the dark about alot of things. Someone told us that there is a book located in your cabin that has information about the ship and its services, activities and what-not. They told me that you can ask your room steward for it. My question is this. Since it would be great to have all of this information PRIOR to leaving on the cruise so that we can make meeting places for everyone etc, plan some activities for our guests, etc.....how would I go about getting a copy of the Splendor book so we can put some of the information into our "welcome to our wedding cruise" packet? If anyone knows where I can purchase it or find a copy of it, PLEASE let me know! I know it would help immensely!

Barbie

Well, I don't know if this was the right thing to do, but on our recent Spirit cruise-I took the book without asking. Just put it right into my suitcase:eek: The book has some good info in it, but it's mostly advertising by various cruise industry businesses congratulating Carnival on the newest member of it's fleet. It's a nice keepsake.

The coffee table book is mostly advertisements and a number of the interviews and articles are identical to the book that was on Freedom.

There is a cabin directory with lots of information about the ship but you don't take those. Here are some pages from it:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/splendor/stateroomDirectory.htm

The activities are found in the daily paper (Capers) and can vary from cruise to cruise depending on what the cruise director feels like doing.

nolaAlive-thank you so much! I guess what I am really looking for is the ship directory! not the coffee table book! I see that you had taken copies of some of the pages and it is exactly the type of information that we needed to put into the packets! We are trying to come up with some activities just for our group (like a scavenger hunt, etc) and we need to find places where we can all meet---we want to have all this pre-planned so that we don't waste time every day trying to figure out what to do and where to meet, etc. I keep telling my fiance that we just need to take a pre-wedding cruise so we can finish all this planning but he's just not seeing it that way!! LOL Anyway, nolaAlive thanks again---I have seen all your pictures and I should have known that you would be able to help!

Barbie

Archived