Topless Deck on the Liberty?

danusia

No topless deck per-se , but my wife and I ,while exploring the upper deck above and behind the big screen did notice a few up there without tops , we did not care nor did they about us , but we left after a bit anyway .

I had a nice conversation with one of the senior staff on the Legend last Sept and was told that Carnival will NOT be restoring the topless decks. They were desginated as "Adults Only" which was replaced with the "Serenity Adult-Only Retreat". Unfortunately, this area is at the rear of the ship and can be viewed by all, not as private as the Funnel decks were.

DW and I always use the Funnel deck or the highest and most isolated deck we can find. We are both sun lovers and I prefer wearing a t-back for the least tan lines. I don't want to embarass anyone else hence hiding on the upper decks.

Even though topless is no longer allowed, I was told as long as you are isolated on one of the upper decks where passerbys could not see you from the walkways and no one complains, the Carnival staff will not interfere. If someone does complain, you will be warned but they won't throw you off the ship if you don't cover up. I'm sure they will continue to remind you of the "no topless" policy but that's about as far as it will go.

I had one woman complain to the staff about my t-back and I told her that I was there 1st and she could either tolerate it or move (I'm not a body builder and I'm over 50 but I did look better in my t-back than she did in her one-piece!). The staff told her that as long as I wore a suit, no matter how skimpy it was, there was nothing they could do and suggested she find another spot. Needless to say she went off in a huff and I did not see her again.

The bottom line is use your common sense. If you find an isolated area outside the view of the general public, have it. Just don't try to go topless around the main pool on the Lido deck.

Have a great time and bare them babies!

Halloween Cruise Eastern 2007 on the Glory. I was laying out on the topless deck along with the same couples each day. It is nothing like it used to be in years past. We would have 10-15 people on a hot sunny day. Heck, we didn't even have any gawkers coming up to sneak a peak. Guess times are changing.:D

Thanks for your input. Looks like we'll just have to give it a try and see what happens.

Being up on the funnel deck on our past cruises was such a relaxing part of our vacation. We met the nicest people up there, too.

Even though topless is no longer allowed, I was told as long as you are isolated on one of the upper decks where passerbys could not see you from the walkways and no one complains, the Carnival staff will not interfere. If someone does complain, you will be warned but they won't throw you off the ship if you don't cover up. I'm sure they will continue to remind you of the "no topless" policy but that's about as far as it will go.

I had one woman complain to the staff about my t-back and I told her that I was there 1st and she could either tolerate it or move (I'm not a body builder and I'm over 50 but I did look better in my t-back than she did in her one-piece!). The staff told her that as long as I wore a suit, no matter how skimpy it was, there was nothing they could do and suggested she find another spot. Needless to say she went off in a huff and I did not see her again.

The bottom line is use your common sense. If you find an isolated area outside the view of the general public, have it. Just don't try to go topless around the main pool on the Lido deck.

This is a very nicely written explanation.

It's not even that it's technically "not allowed" anymore.

It's just not "advertised" with signs and closed off areas.

It just depends on your level of discreetness, as well as the fluke of whatever passengers are on the ship with you.

Funnel Deck was alive and well two separate times that I witnessed on Paradise this past year.

:cool:

If you find a private location, you can technically work it on any of the ships. Even the ones with the new Serenity Areas - there are locations that you can plant yourself that no one from the deck above can see you.

Archived