Does RC offer/make available NO-Salt (salt substitute) in dining room?

thecoop

If not, we will be bringing our own. I do enjoy the salt tastes but don't need the blood pressure going up. M doctor recommended NO-SALT and it is a little stronger than salt so you use less but it does not increase the blood pressure. Been using it for 4 years now and blood pressure is under control so I try avoiding using salt at any restaurant.

Thanks in advance for the responses.

We will be on the Grandeur in 17 days.

The sodium in the food is atrocious! I always have a problem with it. You can request a low sodium diet for the cruise and they are more than happy to help you with that. You can go ahead and let the special needs department know about it and the head waiter will come by on the first night and consult with you. Your waiter also knows which items have been prepared with less salt......so you should be OK. Don't worry....there will be plenty for you to safely eat.

Q: What type of special meals does Royal Caribbean offer?

A: We make every effort to accommodate our guests' dietary requirements whenever possible. We can accommodate special needs such as:

Food allergies

Gluten-free

Vegetarian (except for vegan/macrobiotic)

Low-fat

Low-sodium

Lactose-free/soy milk, Ensure, and kosher meals are no extra charge. All you have to do is notify us at least 45 days prior to sailing. Just send an e-mail that includes the guests' names, reservation ID number, ship's name and voyage date to the relevant address below:

Food allergies - foodallergies@rccl.com

Kosher meals - kosher@rccl.com

(Kosher for Passover meal requests MUST be received 60 days in advance in order to be accommodated.)

Indian-style vegetarian meals - Indianvegetarian@rccl.com

Gluten-free/celiac meals - glutenfree@rccl.com

Fax requests may be sent to 305-539-6018 Attn: Special Meals Request

E-mails will receive an automated response. Faxed requests will also receive a response provided the guest provides an email address. We kindly ask that guests do not call Royal Caribbean International suppliers with specific questions.

Special meal requests that are faxed or e-mailed less than 45 days of sailing are dependent on the ship's product availability. We will try to accommodate to the best of our ability.

Q: What type of special meals does Royal Caribbean offer?

A: We make every effort to accommodate our guests' dietary requirements whenever possible. We can accommodate special needs such as:

Food allergies

Gluten-free

Vegetarian (except for vegan/macrobiotic)

Low-fat

Low-sodium

Lactose-free/soy milk, Ensure, and kosher meals are no extra charge. All you have to do is notify us at least 45 days prior to sailing. Just send an e-mail that includes the guests' names, reservation ID number, ship's name and voyage date to the relevant address below:

Food allergies - foodallergies@rccl.com

Kosher meals - kosher@rccl.com

(Kosher for Passover meal requests MUST be received 60 days in advance in order to be accommodated.)

Indian-style vegetarian meals - Indianvegetarian@rccl.com

Gluten-free/celiac meals - glutenfree@rccl.com

Fax requests may be sent to 305-539-6018 Attn: Special Meals Request

E-mails will receive an automated response. Faxed requests will also receive a response provided the guest provides an email address. We kindly ask that guests do not call Royal Caribbean International suppliers with specific questions.

Special meal requests that are faxed or e-mailed less than 45 days of sailing are dependent on the ship's product availability. We will try to accommodate to the best of our ability.

WOW thanks for this thread and the info. I have just been told to lower my sodium intake, (blood pressure issues too) and never thought about how it may affect my food choices on a cruise. Now I know! :D

I was actually trying to find if the ships have available a salt substitute called no-salt. We use it at home. Tastes like salt but none of the bad effects of salt.

I was not trying to find out if they have lo salt or no salts meals, lol.

Thanks for trying to help.

I was actually trying to find if the ships have available a salt substitute called no-salt. We use it at home. Tastes like salt but none of the bad effects of salt.

I was not trying to find out if they have lo salt or no salts meals, lol.

Thanks for trying to help.

I know exactly what you are talking about, we have used it for years. Awhile ago I remember seeing a travel size portion, but I do not remember where I saw it. I highly doubt you will find it on the ship. Why not put some in a pill container and bring it to dinner.

Archived