Too much research, sabbotoging myself?

gill_boo

So, I am still searching for a hotel in South Beach, with direct beach access. I feel like I am sabbotoging myself because I look at a hotel, then read reviews and get all scared because a lot of the reviews out there are so negative. Now I know someone is much more likely to complain than praise, but what is with this.

So, here is what I ask you all.....

Any specific recommendations in the South Beach area?

Do you really need a hotel right on the beach or is the public beach sufficent?

Will we likely spend most of our time in the South Beach area or is there not that much to do there?

Oh and on a side note, we are renting a car because we are flying in to FLL and then have 2 full days before we board in POM.

I stayed 2 nights at the Sagamore on last year and really liked it. It was on the beach. It was expensive though. $725.00 per night. But I don't think you can get less than 500.00 a night for a Friday /Saturday night in south beach for a beach front hotel except maybe in late summer. I had a car but did not need it. South Beach is great. Tons of restaraunts and bars and night clubs.

It sounds like you are looking at some lower rated hotels. Probably because of the cost. It is VERY expensive to stay at nice hotels on South Beach.

If you have a car, why not stay elsewhere? Altho parking is tough to find sometimes in South Beach, if you get there early enough and just leave your car sit, you'll be ok. S Beach is great for people watching and just a neat area.

Why don't you go to tripadvisor.com and search there too for some hotels with beach access and decent rates. You'll learn a lot from recent reviews and can ask reviewers specific questions via email.

It sounds like you are looking at some lower rated hotels. Probably because of the cost. It is VERY expensive to stay at nice hotels on South Beach.

If you have a car, why not stay elsewhere? Altho parking is tough to find sometimes in South Beach, if you get there early enough and just leave your car sit, you'll be ok. S Beach is great for people watching and just a neat area.

Why don't you go to tripadvisor.com and search there too for some hotels with beach access and decent rates. You'll learn a lot from recent reviews and can ask reviewers specific questions via email.

This is my problem eandj, I have been on tripadvisor, kayak, expedia, reading reviews and wonder what is up with the amount of negativity. I am looking at 3 and 4 star hotels, and you are right, I am not looking at the $500 a night hotels, but I am understanding of the fact that I could spend upwards of $500 for 3 nights. I just want somewhere nice, in a good location.

This is my problem eandj, I have been on tripadvisor, kayak, expedia, reading reviews and wonder what is up with the amount of negativity. I am looking at 3 and 4 star hotels, and you are right, I am not looking at the $500 a night hotels, but I am understanding of the fact that I could spend upwards of $500 for 3 nights. I just want somewhere nice, in a good location.

You won't get 3 nights on South Beach for $500...at least not at any place you will be pleased with.

Check out the Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach Oceanfront. We stayed here one night post cruise and were happy with it for the price. It is right on the beach and board walk. You could walk to South Beach from there, but it would be a pretty long walk. We cabbed it. I think you can take the city bus too. (Maybe a couple miles. ) The hotel is nice average, but because it has a nice outdoor bar area, a decent chain restaurant (Carrabas) and the location right on the beach it is becomming popular with post cruisers. It won't be as much as S. Beach and might fit your needs. I don't know about parking your car. You'll need to check their web site for that info. Locate it on tripadvisor for some recent reviews and them go to their website for the nights you need.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Parking for the courtyard marriott is $26.50. we just booked there last night. on one website it mentioned that next door is a public parking lot that costs only $10 per day...may be worth looking into. My advice is to book soon. with my research I did find that in January there is the orange bowl and another championship game that is helping to drive prices up :cool:

while I dont have any recomendations for you...remember that too often the only people that complete reviews on sites like trip advisor are those that were disapointed...many travelers think its important to do their due diligance to their fellow traveler and rant to the heavens about how bad something was but never review thier good experiences...keep in mind that you arent hearing all the stories

Archived