Sailing on the Emerald - Oceanview cabin on Plaza deck

WCS Dancer

I'm getting ready to reserve a cabin on the Emerald for an Eastern Caribbean cruise for 11/09. This is our first cruise and I want to get a cabin we'll be happy with.

The cabin is P328 (category D) on the Plaza level. The things I like about it are: 1) an unobstructed view, 2) a low deck and fairly close to the center of the ship, which should mean less motion, 3) since we are night people and love to dance, I think it will be quite convenient for us, 4) being a few short steps to the International Cafe and Vines also seems like a plus, 5) the cabin is beneath the Cigar Lounge, so hopefully there won't be much noise late at night or early in the morning disturbing our sleep.

My only real concern is noise. It is next to the Piazza so noise could come from there and also possibly a lot of traffic from people taking the forward lifts to this deck to go to the Piazza.

Has anyone had any experience with a cabin in this area? How did you like it? Are there other issues I might want to consider?

You won't get a lot of foot traffic there as there is a central area where the art is located for people to move through. Really doubt you will hear noise from the atrium area either. My Mom always gets a cabin there and tried for 328 on our April sailing but it was gone. I think she got 310. Have a great cruise!

Archived