Yellow fever vax for China cruise?

Sparky333

On the cdc website it mentions China requires proof of innoculation for yellow fever if you are coming from a country where yellow fever is present.

I won't be directly traveling from Peru to China, but I will be in Peru this year before going to China next year. Peru does have yellow fever -- not in the area I'm going to be so I haven't gotten the shot. But if it is an issue with getting a visa for China next year I may as well get it now & then have the protection for Peru "just in case."

Does anyone know how it is worded on the visa application (assume that's how they know who has had it or not). Would it just matter if you were flying directly from a yellow fever country to China or does it concern them if you've been to one recently although not in the immediate past.

Thanks for any advice.

Just to answer this in case anyone is searching for the same info --

on the visa application there is only a question about your health - not what countries you've ever been to or vaccinations you've had. Also, their concern is only if you are coming directly to China from a country which has a yellow fever problem so that won't be an issue for me.

Shot avoided - yay!

Archived