Time luggage arrives at cabin question

want2cruiseagain

Friend of mine just returned from her first cruise and the person she went with told her that sometime you don't get your luggage at your cabin until 11 p.m. So she took her huge rolling bag through with her as carryon.

Is it true that you may not get your luggage until late in the evening? If so, I want to bring my garment bag as carryon so we will have clothes for dinner.

Our last two cruises, the luggage arrived no later than 6 p.m.

Something extreme must've happened to your friend's friend's luggage. :eek: . In all of my cruises I've never had it arrive later than around 6pm...and the vast majority of time it's there alot sooner. On our recent Miracle cruise 3 out of 4 pieces showed up before muster drill...:D ...what a treat that was!

Just to ease your mind though...the day of embarkation you can wear your traveling clothes to dinner without a problem.

Enjoy your cruise!

Friend of mine just returned from her first cruise and the person she went with told her that sometime you don't get your luggage at your cabin until 11 p.m. So she took her huge rolling bag through with her as carryon.

Is it true that you may not get your luggage until late in the evening? If so, I want to bring my garment bag as carryon so we will have clothes for dinner.

Our last two cruises, the luggage arrived no later than 6 p.m.

I've never gotten my luggage that late..most times it arrives before muster drilll...They will let you go anywhere on the ship with what you have on the first day...so you don't have to worry about dressing for dinner..You can carry your garment bag I guess if it will fit thru the x-ray scanner..Dennis

I've always gotten my luggage before dinner. I can only imagine that the only reason you wouldn't get your luggage until that late would be if they couldn't identify whose luggage it was or it was misdelivered to another cabin by accident.

I personally try to carry on as little as possible!

Carnival generally quotes 8:00PM at the latest and it can be anywhere between Noon and 8:00PM. Note that the Dining Room dress code is announced as super relaxed the first nite, as some will not have received their luggage. Many carry their meds, toiletries and first nite's clothes in Carry-on, and drop off at room when boarding, then off to the Lido buffet for lunch. Ken

Thanks! My friend said that they told her it would not fit through the xray (must have been a huge roller bag), but she told them it would and it did! She had a lot of wine in that bag also and Carnival never looked twice!:o

I'm really surprised.

When we went in April they told us we should have it by 8pm, however we had it by about 4:30pm or so. One of the stewards told me that a lot of it also depends on when you get on board, the earlier arrivals get their luggage first, unless there was something that needs to be checked by security. I'm not sure if that's true on all voyages, maybe just their process... That was on the Triumph out of Miami.

Can you opt to carry your own luggage on board? I'd like to do that so if by chance my room is ready, I can go ahead and unpack.

IF you arrive at the pier about 11am and get onboard by noon-- you would have to drag that stuff around with you til 1:30. Fire doors are supposed to be closed til then and you are asked to stay out of the cabin areas til that time.

Sometimes on embaration day the elevators tend to move much slowly since the people are moving luggage throughout the ship.

To answer your question; as long as it fits through the x- ray machine there shouldnt be a problem

Only one cruise that we were on that i kept wondering where my luggage was. All but one had arrived pretty early, probably before we sailed. I finally found it with several others down by the pursers desk. The luggage tag came off, but atleast i had it and it wasn't left behind. That happened to my brother and his wife on one cruise. Lack of communication between the 2 of them and they didn't get everything out of the car. they had to spend extra money and dress like a carnival crew staff and rent formal wear. I felt sorry for them in a way and then again it was kinda funny. I just hope that don't happen to me.

Archived