NFL Sunday Sept 14, Legend

3Rivers

I am sure there are some guys sweating this like me. What type of cable system/satellite system does Carnival have? Will I be able to watch any sporting events in my room or even in one of the ship's bars?

My docs tell me to board between 12:30 and 2:30 on Sunday. Games start at 1:00. I have VIP check-in, so will I be able to board any sooner?

I am sure there are some guys sweating this like me. What type of cable system/satellite system does Carnival have? Will I be able to watch any sporting events in my room or even in one of the ship's bars?

My docs tell me to board between 12:30 and 2:30 on Sunday. Games start at 1:00. I have VIP check-in, so will I be able to board any sooner?

I know we have always been able to board before noon at Port Canaveral.

The ship will have the Denver CBS and Fox feeds (and Denver NBC for the 8PM game)

So at 4PM you will see the Broncos and Chargers.....period. (no other game due to NFL blackout rules)

At 1PM you will get whatever games the Denver stations are showing.

(I would guess Oakland at KC on the CBS station)

The problem you will have is that they show the games in the bars, until about 3PM, then they shut off all TVs throughout the ship for the muster drill.

So do NOT get attached to any of the 1PM games, you won't see the end.

They turn the TVs back on about 30 minutes after the Muster Drill ends.(which will be after 4PM)

Make sure if you want to see any highlights that you catch the 7PM NBC pre-game show, because that is all the NFL highlights you will see all week. (Steelers/Browns at 8PM will be on in cabin or sportsbar)

The sportsbar will have ESPN International with the MNF game (with regular announcers in english, but all on screen graphics in Spanish, which was actually pretty fun at the sports bar), but it shows no NFL Live or NFL shows all week.

Just lots and lots and even more, soccer. (never knew there was professional beach soccer until our September cruises the last 2 years)

Bill

I've seen Saints games twice while on a cruise - in my cabin. I don't know what you mean by the blackout. I've also watched other games in one of the lounges.

BTW, I've always been on the ship and checking out my cabin by 11:30.

I have watched more than one game at a time on the ship at the same time also....

Usually one of the networks shows two games on Sunday and the other major shows one afternoon game.

Be at the terminal by about 11:15. You should be on the ship no later than 11:45 doing VIP....

Enjoy the games.....

You can go to the Denver network affiliate's web site and view the broadcast schedule. For example myfoxcolorado.com shows the Buccaneers/Saints being broadcast this Sunday which makes me very happy. I'm packing my Bucs gear! I'll also get to see the Panthers at 4, so more NFC south action.. Of course, the Denver game might be played over a nationally televised game but they are monday night this week, so no worries.

I've seen Saints games twice while on a cruise - in my cabin. I don't know what you mean by the blackout. I've also watched other games in one of the lounges.

The Denver FOX station cannot show a game at the same time that the Broncos are on that week. (even if FOX has the doubleheader that week)

Or if an NFC team is in Denver on a given week, the CBS station can't show a game while the Broncos are on.

Therefore, since the Broncos play at 4PM, and Carnival shows the Denver station feeds, the Broncos/Chargers game will be the only game on at 4PM.

I'm sure there will be 2 other games on at 1PM and one of them might just be the Saints.

I am a displaced Bronco fan, so I am in heaven every time we cruise during the season.

For those who don't enjoy the Broncos, the best weeks to cruise would be the weeks they are on Sunday night or Monday night football or their bye week.

Bill

Archived