Pacific Dawn - Self Serve Laundromat?

sailingmum

The p&o brochures only talk about sending your laundry away to get done. But I was just looking at the deck plans today, and there is a "self serve laundromat" marked there. Can you do your own laundry there? Anyone know how much? Being able to do a load of washing might change the way I pack...

Sandi

There are several self serve laundromats on various decks.

It is a $1 coin to wash and a $1 coin to dry.

You can fit almost 2 washing loads in a dryer as they as so bug.

They run on 45 min cycles.

We did our laundry regularly and had no trouble with availability of machines:)

Hi Sandi

There are two laundrys on Pacific Dawn one on deck 11 and one on deck 5 the washings machines / dryers and soap powder are all $1 each.

Be careful with the temperature though i put a coloured wash on warm and all the colours ran as it was so hotactually ruined a couple of tops, the dryers are very good and will dry a complete load for $1.

Hope that helps

Marg

Have just returned from Pacific Dawn. WAshing machines & dryers are $3.00 and take only $1.00 coins. Powder, conditioner $1.00 each.

Oh P&O have put the price up since may this year. We only paid $1.00 for each load.

They also have a laundry special usually offered twice (10 night cruise) where you can get 20 items washed & ironed for $25. A bargain for any mum who wants to have the ultimate relaxing holiday experience....we just put in the stuff that needed washing mainly shirts & jeans :D

Have just returned from Pacific Dawn. WAshing machines & dryers are $3.00 and take only $1.00 coins. Powder, conditioner $1.00 each.

I am just reading this thread as I was interested to know about washing on board as well. Thanks for the info. :)

They also have a laundry special usually offered twice (10 night cruise) where you can get 20 items washed & ironed for $25. A bargain for any mum who wants to have the ultimate relaxing holiday experience....we just put in the stuff that needed washing mainly shirts & jeans :D

Hope they offer the same deal on the Sun!!

No washing sounds - like a great holiday to me.:)

... as they as so bug.

:)

Is that a cross between big & huge?;) :)

The laundry is excellent on the Dawn. So much so that we specifically booked a cabin near it for our next cruise so I can pack lighter. I figured that as a family for 17 nights there was no way I was going to get through without washing.

Hope they offer the same deal on the Sun!!

No washing sounds - like a great holiday to me.:)

They usually do offer it, last time on the PD I was waiting for the wash deal and I missed it. Jo said she read it, but I never did find it.

I't usually about mid way through on a port day.

Well, I believe Oysterfiend is a Kiwi :)

(Before people get offended, remember I live with one, so I am qualified to comment :) )

But remember he also posts on here and you will soon be "trapped" on board a tiny ship with him for many, many days:D:D

But remember he also posts on here and you will soon be "trapped" on board a tiny ship with him for many, many days:D:D

I don't know whether you are referring to me or OP but if you read my profile you'd realise that I am female.

Why even comment on me being Kiwi:confused:

What gives?

I thought these boards were open to everyone

I don't know whether you are referring to me or OP but if you read my profile you'd realise that I am female.

Why even comment on me being Kiwi:confused:

What gives?

I thought these boards were open to everyone

sorry for the confusion I caused.

I meant absolutely no malice and I truly hope that no distress or upset was caused by my words.

My post was directed at Skyrules though, who I knew would read the post in the manner in which it was written( Light hearted)

My apologises again Oysterfiend and yes I do realise you are female

Archived