Pacific Dawn - Self Serve Laundromat?

sailingmum

sorry for the confusion I caused.

I meant absolutely no malice and I truly hope that no distress or upset was caused by my words.

My post was directed at Skyrules though, who I knew would read the post in the manner in which it was written( Light hearted)

My apologises again Oysterfiend and yes I do realise you are female

I got it Karon!!

Kym

Sorry! thought that was a bit touchy,

If you had read the post properly Oysterfield you would have realised karon was talking about someone else, and it was VERY lighthearted, dont think there was any need to react like that !!!!

Just my opinion

Marg

Yeah we do get touchy

when you are a minority on a board,

Although I did state in following posts that I belately realised I had mis- read the comments

Even if you are married to a kiwi,

You have to understand when you are a minority on a community board etc those kinda comments can grate- I realise now yours was all in fun and I am sorry for my touchy response:o

On the Carnival boards its like anyone/anything outside the US doesn't count as they tend to talk only in terms of Americans

Did not even realise anyone was a minority!! does it really matter? we are all people who love cruising just trying to help each other out , i am scottish does that make me a minority probably but who gives a, if you are getting negative comments from someone just ignore them and don't take part in their discussions thats what i would do. But i do not think Karon was in any way being negative towards you or anyone else just making a friendly dig. Thats life!

Well, I believe Oysterfiend is a Kiwi :)

(Before people get offended, remember I live with one, so I am qualified to comment :) )

:confused: It wasn't even Karon that made the original comment about being a kiwi:confused:

Getting back to subject of laundering. When I went on the Pacific Sun last year I got my clothes laundered and they wrote my room number on every tag in black texta! :p The good thing is that when I were those clothes I'm reminded of my cruise. :D

Liz

Getting back to subject of laundering. When I went on the Pacific Sun last year I got my clothes laundered and they wrote my room number on every tag in black texta! :p The good thing is that when I were those clothes I'm reminded of my cruise. :D

Liz

We had a clothes tagged too. What happens if you take those same clothes on your next cruise and you are in a different cabin....it will lead to lots of confusion :confused: :confused: :confused: (my kids take forever to grow out of their clothes)

• 1 year later...
WAshing machines & dryers are $3.00 and take only $1.00 coins. Powder, conditioner $1.00 each.

Just doing some research regarding this topic and I have a few queries ...

Are these prices as quoted still the same on the Pacific Dawn?

If I take my own detergent, are the machines top or front loading? and

What times are the laundromat/s open between?

Also I'd be interested to know if passengers use on shore laundromats. Hobart will be approximately half way through our cruise, so I was wondering if that was an option if queuing up is an issue on board? Thanks.

We cruised on Pacific Dawn in August and I thought the price was $3 (3xdollar coins) per load in a top loading washer. The laundry powder is $1 per box and the box lasts for 2 washes which is quite good.

The laundries are excellent. Clean and large with lots of machines and many great ironing stations.

FYI - don't make the mistake we did... When the detergent dispenser was not working, and ate our money up twice, we went all the way down to the Pursers Desk and waited in the long line to tell them. That was when we found out that there is a phone on the wall in the laundry which you can use to ring reception DOH! Would have saved us the time wasted walking there and back! It was our first cruise and we learnt alot LOL

The Purser rang the mainenance man who met us back in the laundry and refunded our money and got us the powder.

FYI - don't make the mistake we did... When the detergent dispenser was not working, and ate our money up twice, we went all the way down to the Pursers Desk and waited in the long line to tell them. That was when we found out that there is a phone on the wall in the laundry which you can use to ring reception DOH! Would have saved us the time wasted walking there and back! It was our first cruise and we learnt alot LOL

Thanks for sharing that Sunbaker. I've learnt a lot here, but didn't know that. The phone would save a lot of time and queueing up.;)

I've only done a couple of short cruises, but I did wonder how people handled laundry on longer cruises without ending up with a bathroom that looks like a permanent laundromat.

Are self-service facilities normal on ships? It would hurt my brain to pay the rates they normally charge. (why would i pay $5 to wash a $7 target Tshirt? :) )

I've only done a couple of short cruises, but I did wonder how people handled laundry on longer cruises without ending up with a bathroom that looks like a permanent laundromat.

Are self-service facilities normal on ships? It would hurt my brain to pay the rates they normally charge. (why would i pay $5 to wash a $7 target Tshirt? :) )

the laundry services are normal on ships and some people wash their smalls out in the shower and hang them on the line in the shower to dry....if you dont wish to pay the rate which i think on p&o is $6 for a wash and dry or have lots of tshirts and shorts to wear

rkmw

Archived