Midnight Buffet

STEPHEN LARKIN

I think I may have met your mother one halloween in a broom restoring club, The memory lingers but a little faded now.

Malcolm you're right as always. it is style or panache and it has nothing to do with money or breeding - other than being raised properly.

Oh yes, Mother. Did she try to kiss you.? She really liked men--all men--not in the least discriminatory was she. I really miss her. And I can tell you, she certainly raised me properly because we were a class act, for sure!!!

It isn't wrong. A lot is down to the person who defines your use of the word "class". If they take you to mean that you see yourself as superior to the reader (as I think they did and you didn't) then they get annoyed. A knowledge of humour and the way meanings are conveyed is one of the things I would use to define someone with "class" and not their economic standing or how much money they've got. If someone didn't either understand or have the wit to keep quiet I would suggest that shows a major lack on their part.

I have never in my life believed that I am superior to anyone. But now there is someone who fits that category. After dealing with the particular gentleman ( I use that term loosely) that called me a bigot, both then and and since then, I can say, emphatically that I absolutely feel I have a great deal more class than he does, in every sense of the word. And I am not including money, because money has nothing to do with class!! I could never keep count of all his stocks that he brags about all the time (nobody could) even if I had them, and bragging about them shows his complete and utter classlessness!!!!

I admired her taste but I may have a somewhat prejudiced viewpoint, I do recall how she "swept" into a room, almost regal.

Yes, short in stature, but large in personality. And she had the best sense of humor--always flashing that dimple. Everyone just loved Betty. It was those darn old fashions that got her in the end. And after three, you couldn't hold her down--oh, wow, I remember the last time I saw her. Well, all I can say is it wasn't very ladylike at all!!!

I admired her taste but I may have a somewhat prejudiced viewpoint, I do recall how she "swept" into a room, almost regal.

Oh, yes--small in stature, but large in personality. And she had a wonderful sense of humor. Everyone loved Betty and when she flashed that dimple of hers, men melted. But she had another side. It was those darn old fashions she drank all the time!! After three, you just could not hold her down. And just one more brought her from her cute dimply self to something that was--well not exactly ladylike. Wow--I remember the last time I saw her--it was quite a sight-up on that table! Oh, you weren't there that night were you?

It's an outfit I wear at the strike of midnight--on certain nights. It's coal black and consists of a black ruffly blouse, a long black skirt (those two items alone would be quite elegant on a formal night on the QM2 with the addition of the right accessories), a cape, a large and I mean large black brimmed hat that comes to a point at the top, black stockings and patent leather, three inch heels My fireproof one is specially treated and I like to dress that up with lots and lots of chains which have come in handy for various tasks in the past when things get particularly difficult. (I'd rather not go into that right now, though). And, of course, my broom! It's quite classy, really!!!!

Ohhh, chains eh, now im interested, 3 inch heels, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm ok, patent leather, oh stop it now please,

BTw that may have been me in the cupboard, careful what you say.

and class or classy, well when you said classy, thats a great word,

http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Classy

the word class, well i always find there are reasons some people dont like it??? know what I mean, and having been on QM2 and NCL I can assure QM2 has more class and is more classy than NCL.

Ohhh, chains eh, now im interested, 3 inch heels, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm ok, patent leather, oh stop it now please,

the word class, well i always find there are reasons some people dont like it??? know what I mean, and having been on QM2 and NCL I can assure QM2 has more class and is more classy than NCL.

Thank you Rob--you are my hero!!

I have never in my life believed that I am superior to anyone. But now there is someone who fits that category. After dealing with the particular gentleman ( I use that term loosely) that called me a bigot, both then and and since then, I can say, emphatically that I absolutely feel I have a great deal more class than he does, in every sense of the word. And I am not including money, because money has nothing to do with class!! I could never keep count of all his stocks that he brags about all the time (nobody could) even if I had them, and bragging about them shows his complete and utter classlessness!!!!

Nerver put yourself down, to you , you are the best person there, NO_ONE on this planet is better than me I can assure you of that 100%, to you I would hope that you are the best person there is , there you are the superior to everyone, inc me lol:)

Sorry to interrupt what is obviously an intimate and personal conversation, but I feel constrained to point out that merely using the word 'classy' denotes an utter lack of class. Sorry again, I'll leave now.

Gari

I've got almost everything out ready - Paul still has to go and buy some things!

Ivory DJ? Crocs? Bermudas? 200 Marlboro' Lights?

No I think not, you are made of finer stuff than that I'm sure. Don't let the side down now. The eyes of the entire board are upon you. And if Gene is reading then the 'Eyes of Texas are Upon You' as well.

Avast heaving on the after handrail and keelhaul yer topping lifts mateys.

(Just an old seaman's blessing) Have a good trip.

Gari

Yes. You replied after the post I was responding to so I didn't see your reply until my post was already there.

So, you are not still angry are you? I got a little witchy this morning as I sat in my witches outfit and my blurry head seemed on backwards, but I'm somewhat better now. I've shipped the other bottle off to my friend from NYC, and all is well, but only if you forgive me????:)

Archived