What type of room for three with one being a young child.

Love2Cruise - IL

My DH and I have been cruising without our son for the last two years. Well, we believe in 2009 he will be old enough to take with us. We have cruised three times, all with Carnival, and we have gotten inside rooms so far as we like to take a nap every afternoon so we can stay up later at night.

What room type would be best to get when traveling with our son? (He will be 4 years old by the time we go)

I travel with 3 adults to a cabin. You can still sail Carnival in an inside if you're willing for your youngster to sleep in an upper berth, which your steward will open for you nightly.

However, I prefer cabins that have 3 lower beds - which usually means one is a sofa bed. I don't believe any of the existing Carnival ships have sofa beds in regular cabins (some in suites). Neither does Princess cruise line. Ditto MSC.

Royal Caribbean has some sofa beds. That line would probably be the best fit for you, although it will be more expensive. Also check Norwegian Cruise Lines - lots of insides for 3, but I think the sofa beds are once again for balcony cabins.

I wound up on Holland America Line with my senior parents, because they have inside cabins with sofa beds.

My DH and I have been cruising without our son for the last two years. Well, we believe in 2009 he will be old enough to take with us. We have cruised three times, all with Carnival, and we have gotten inside rooms so far as we like to take a nap every afternoon so we can stay up later at night.

What room type would be best to get when traveling with our son? (He will be 4 years old by the time we go)

You dont say which kind of ship or how many days. I am in Texas so Im looking at Conquest for instance. Im looking at several choices. The cheapest with 3 beds on the floor are a couple of 4G cabins, 1001 and 1002 for instance, but Im sure there are others, I just want those in particular. I believe they are Handicapped cabins and 2 in my party are handicapped. two twins and a convertible sofa.

I also believe there are OVs with that set up, Id have to go look.

Im sure there are balconys with that set up. There is a aft balcony that WAS a 6A, but now I think its like a 6G? with the new deck plans, but all the triples on balconys will have one big bed (two twins pushed together) and a convertible sofa that will be made up into a bed for your 4 year old by the steward at night.

Maybe when you know more what ship or how many days and what type of cabin you want, we can help more.

If cruising had been an option for us when my children were little I think I would have moved heaven and earth for a balcony. I can just see a little one's fascination! But even an ocean view, with only one child, would do well. I can see him with his little face pressed up to the glass in either just enraptured!

Tee

Archived