Questions about 8th floor on Voyager class ships. Actual base level of Promenade?

mikeerdas

On the Voyager class of ship--asking specifically about Navigator of the Seas, but imagine the floor plans are identical.

I've reserved a cabin in the left rear side of the ship.

Q1) There's empty space between cabins 8665 and 8657. The RCL floor plan doesn't show what occupies this empty space. What's there?

Q2) The floor plan shows the 8th floor as the Promenade. Does this mean the 8th floor is the shopping / walking level of the Promenade, or is the center of 8th floor simply open space looking down into the Promenade.

Also interested in avoiding potentially noisy areas (by noise, I mean people--high traffic areas--and nightclubs--don't want to be above or below them in case I rebook at a lower rate / different floor or cabin .

Are there any web sites for finding good cruise ship cabins like SeatGuru.com for airplanes (e.g. color codes seats by good, ok, and bad--e.g. bulkhead seats with little leg room, etc). I don't mean random reviews of individual rooms, but something easy to navigate like SeatGuru.com.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

On the Voyager class of ship--asking specifically about Navigator of the Seas, but imagine the floor plans are identical.

I've reserved a cabin in the left rear side of the ship.

Q1) There's empty space between cabins 8665 and 8657. The RCL floor plan doesn't show what occupies this empty space. What's there?

Q2) The floor plan shows the 8th floor as the Promenade. Does this mean the 8th floor is the shopping / walking level of the Promenade, or is the center of 8th floor simply open space looking down into the Promenade.

Also interested in avoiding potentially noisy areas (by noise, I mean people--high traffic areas--and nightclubs--don't want to be above or below them.

Are there any web sites for finding good cruise ship cabins like SeatGuru.com for airplanes (e.g. color codes seats by good, ok, and bad--e.g. bulkhead seats with little leg room, etc). I don't mean random reviews of individual rooms, but something easy to navigate like SeatGuru.com.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Frequently open spaces on floor plans are crew/staff work areas.

Actual Promenade is on deck 5. Decks 6, 7, and 8 are open where the PR inside cabins have bay windows that look down onto the Promenade.

Thanks.

Any idea where Vintages is? It's not listed on the "3D" view of the ship on RCL's site (I find this very annoying, and would prefer floor-by-floor diagrams showing what's on each floor).

Presumably Vintages is on the Royal Promenade, but I wanted to be sure.

Thanks.

Any idea where Vintages is? It's not listed on the "3D" view of the ship on RCL's site (I find this very annoying, and would prefer floor-by-floor diagrams showing what's on each floor).

Yes, it is on the Royal Promenade. It was one of our favorite spots every night while on Navigator on 2 separate cruises.....:)

Thanks.

RCI web site does have floor-by-floor diagrams. Just click on the ship you are interested in and there is an area to click on "view deck plans" as oppsed to the virtual tour. For example here is Deck 5 on Navigator:

Edit: Sorry the link didn't work. But as I said just pull down the tap that says "ships". Click on the specific ship you want view. And then click on the "view deck plans" circle thingie. It is below the link for the video tour. A page will come up that allow you to select any deck and see the floor plan.

Just got off the Explorer a month ago. On the 8th, the "middle" part was more the Internet area. I don't remember it being part of the Promenade perse as it would be on the lower floors (the 5th). You could sit down at the one end and look down onto the Promenade but not like the floors where to get from one side to the other you have to cross over up and down if that makes sense. We were in 8349 - an inside kind of more aft from center and that whole hall was very very quiet for us.

We were on the Explorer deck 8 in July. 8657 & 8665 are interionr cabins an do not over look the promenade. The space between them is probably a staff stairwell.

We were in 8576, 8577 & 8579 and the space between 8563 & 8575 is a staff stairwell.

Archived