Southern Caribbean Cruise - Newbies

mogulman

There are lots of little shops you can look through within walking distance of the port.

I think you'll enjoy this cruise, I booked it for 2010 earlier tonight because I wanted the 1A cabin with the picture windows. Ended up being a little under $500 pp with taxes and fuel. I am excited about all the ports!

I wonder if this ship sails full? It loads TWICE a week, according to the site it does it in San Juan then again in Barbados just a few days later. I thought that was unusual, I guess they do it to keep it full?

Woohoo.. purchased our first cruise. Ended up getting midship balcony 6xxx room for $819 + fees. The travel agent at America's Vacation Center. She was very helpful. Got us a good room at a cheaper rate then we could find anywhere else.

Booked our airfare to San Juan. Get there at 1pm. The cruise doesn't leave until 10pm.

Do people arrive on these ships early? It says on the CCL web-site that you don't need to arrive until 1 hour prior to departure. It also says that San Juan embarkation is at 2:30pm. Does that mean we can hang out on the boat from 2:30pm until they depart? If not, how early can we get on. Is there anything to do onboard before it departs? food? drinks? anything?

If not, any ideas of things to do in Puerto Rico for a few hours?

I'm assuming we should just take a cab. I didn\t pay for any kind of transfer.

Yes, you can arrive early. Once you board it is just like any other port stop. Food, swimming, bar hop, people watch or just hang out. Dinner will be served at the normal time. You can leave the ship and come back on just like you would at any other port stop. Most likely boarding will begin before 2:30pm. A cab from the airport to the ship was $19 plus tip in April 2008.

Typo from above, it was $589, almost $600 not $500 :) I didn't want people to wonder how I got it so much cheaper lol

There are lots of little shops you can look through within walking distance of the port.

I think you'll enjoy this cruise, I booked it for 2010 earlier tonight because I wanted the 1A cabin with the picture windows. Ended up being a little under $500 pp with taxes and fuel. I am excited about all the ports!

I wonder if this ship sails full? It loads TWICE a week, according to the site it does it in San Juan then again in Barbados just a few days later. I thought that was unusual, I guess they do it to keep it full?

Catching a cab at San Juan airport is a breeze. We did Southern Caribbean out of San Juan this past March and will be doing it again on Victory, March 1, 2009.

I am counting down the days to sailing on this one.

Vicki

Archived