1/2 day sail options?

Benji817

Hello,

I apologize if this question has already been asked, but every time I try to search on this specific question it makes the search feature explode! :p

OK, the more I research about day sails the more I want to do one! Here is my issue: I am cruising with my mom, who is insisting that we have time for shopping either before or after whatever I plan.:rolleyes: I've been checking into the companies mentioned on this board, and a full day DOES fit with our port time (8am to 5pm), BUT it doesn't leave any room for a stroll through shops (I could personally skip that part).

Has anyone either a) been on a full day sail and managed to get some shopping time in? or b) been on a 1/2 day sail that they could recommend? I just don't want to feel "rushed" on a 1/2 day sail, because I LOVE snorkeling and I love being in the water!:o

Thank you in advance for any ideas or recommendations you can give me. Oh, and leaving my mom alone in port while I run off to do my own thing isn't an option..! ;)

Great, thanks for the info! :D I will definitely check out JollyMon. Were you provided with floats or life vests or something of the sort? Also, do you remember how it was getting on and off the boat? I am assuming it's just a ladder? Thanks again!

We had never snorkeled before and are weak swimmers at best. I didn't trust the air vests alone so we were also provided noodles. They didn't put the ladder out to get off the boat...I really should have asked. We had to jump from the boat from a standing or seated position. That was the scariest part for me. Gayle was down there waiting or I never would have gotten in! She was calm and patient with us. The ladder was there to re-enter the boat.

The Jolly Mon is a fun boat and you will have a good time with them. The only "problem" is the boat spends a fair amout of time in St John since she has all the permits over there as well. Another St Thomas boat to look at is the Bones and the Doubloon, www.doubloon.com

We have done both tours, Jolly Mon and Doubloon and they were great, and allow you plenty of time for all the shopping nonsense you need!

Archived