Albany & Fremantle excursion/port questions

starskyfan

Time is going fast and I can hardly believe we leave for Sydney in 6 weeks! Our plans are coming together nicely but I'm having trouble with a couple more ports thought so any if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

In Albany we signed up for the "Albany Highlights and Torndirrup National Park" excursion, but it ends at 1:30. I expect we'll have from 2 to 5 free before having to get back to the ship for 6pm. Are there any tour boats within walking distance of the ship, or anything to see or do right there at the port? I don't want to waste a minute of our time on land.

We have an overnight in Fremantle and our excursion (Perth City Highlights) finishes at 2pm. We thought about a sightseeing cruise but I can't find any that start late enough in the afternoon without doing a nightime dinner cruise. Does anyone know of any or have any other suggestions for the port area? We are considering changing our excursion to one that includes the Swan River cruise because they both go to King's Park. The one we are signed up for has a photo stop at Cottesloe beach, but it is just a photostop, so is that worth missing the cruise for? I'm thinking the one with the cruise might be a better option.

Thanks for any input, it's much appreciated. Once I get these two ports settled I just have to finetune our time in Sydney and we'll be good to go.

Brenda

Hi Brenda,

There is plenty to see in Fremantle while you wait for evening cruise tour.

The old Fremantle Gaol does a range of different tours, www.fremantleprison.com.au.

You can also get the train from Fremantle to Perth walk around

There are also river cruises to the Wineries in the Swan Valley that go through the day and you have lunch and wine tastings.

Kings Park has alot to see the botanical gardens, the 700hunded odd year old Boab tree they have transported down from Derby in the far north west of the state. the bridge walk etc.

Hope this has been some help to you

Julie

Thanks Julie, the jail does sound interesting. If I remember right someone else on cruise critic had been quite impressed with that as well. I'm sure there is tons to do, and I want to make use of every minute. I really don't want to do the cruise at night though, I thought a late afternoon one would be better while we could actually still see everything. Brenda

Archived