Tahiti - Ideal month for calm waters???

05mak05

While I realize that every day is paradise in the South Pacific and that the weather is nice year round, I also want to book our trip during the very best, absolutely perfect and ideal time of year when the waters are calm with the least threat of bad weather. (We were in Honolulu last year for Christmas and had to cancel our pre-paid trip to Maui due to storms and flooding. While this was unusual, we were also told that if torrential rains occur that it would take place late Dec. to early January.) Any tips on scheduling are appreciated! Mary

Mary:

You will probably want to plan for our summer months, say July or August. It's their winter then and have the least amount of rainfall at that time. Of course, occasional showers can happen at any time, just as in the carribean. When I went in April, we had great weather and seas with the exception of the sea days to/from Rarotonga. A little choppy and a little rain, but then that was it. I suggest checking out weather.com for the monthly averages. That helped me to decide as well.

Happy Cruzin' :D

• 3 weeks later...

The rainy season is during their summer - Nov. - Feb. We went in March and just missed the rain - everything was green and lush from months of rain - This does not mean you can't get lucky and have a great week in Jan. or be unlucky and have a lot of rain in June - but the odds are to go April - Sept for the best weather.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.weather.com/activities/travel/businesstraveler/weather/climo-monthly-graph.html?locid=FPXX0001

If the link does not work go to www.weather.com click on the world weather at the top and type in Tahiti for the destination. Once there scroll down toward the bottom until you see the "averages" link and click it, at the bottom you'll find

the rainfall averages.

ary is the average wettest months

Archived