UK Military discount Vs USA

Jack_Tar

Having been reading various threads on this site (very helpful too) and having 45 days and counting to go…

I have seen a few enquiries about Military rates, one assumes that these are discounted and if so Plus 1 point to the USA.

UK Version (all be it not a cruise)

An abridged copy

A hotel that turned away a soldier because of a "no military" policy was forced into a humiliating climbdown yesterday.

Corporal Tomas St…….r, 24, had been refused a bed at the £60-a-night Hotel when he returned to the UK for an operation after being hurt in battle.

He was apparently told by staff it was not company policy to admit military. He ended up having to sleep in his car.

"The receptionist just turned round and said 'Sorry, we cannot accept you'.

They just said it was company policy and that was it.

"Soldiers don't get treated like this in America. There they are treated like heroes but here they are being treated like scum. It is heartbreaking."

Afterwards the Hotel - owned by American Amusements - made the climbdown, saying: "We sincerely apologise for any upset caused.

UK Minus (well it beggars belief)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/onthefrontline/2680039/Soldier-refused-room-at-hotel.html

Unbelievable that someone would have that attitude. The UK support for the war on terrorism has been above and beyond. As an American, I thank you and your wonderful country for their support. While we may not all agree that the current way of fighting the war is right, We must still all support and show our gratitude to all of our soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines.

I wrote the Metro Hotel an email asking them about rates and availablity for certain dates! Then I proceeded to let them know my husband was stationed for several years in the UK before returning Stateside. Was wondering if they had any Military rates, and just what their policy was concerning Military personnel! I just wonder if I will receive a reply! :rolleyes: I know, I know, but I just couldn't help myself!:D

Archived