Price Drops and On Board Credits

I read somewhere that if the price of your cruise drops, you can call and get an OBC for the price difference.

Here is my scenario...

We leave on the Valor in 3 weeks. We booked close to a year ago, before the price increases in air travel and fuel surcharges. I called today as I noticed that the price for my balcony cabin dropped from $749 per person to $699 per person. I was told that because of the changes to the air rates and taxes, that if they dropped my price, the overall cost would actually go up.

Any suggestions?

I'm not sure you would come out ahead. Looks like you have already considered that fuel surcharges have increased in addition to overall increases in air travel. Call and see if you can take advantage of an overall price decrease for your package. Best of luck!

Not sure which balcony category you have but is may be possible to get an upgrade at no cost. When I changed one cabin from an inside to a balcony they did not change the fuel charge, my PVP stated since it was an upgrade those increased charges did not apply.

Things like this literally go on a case by case basis.

Our PVP watches our pricing on every cruise. If it goes down before our final payment, he reduces the final payment. If it goes down after the final payment, he issues OBC.

For example, we have gotten two price decreases on our Freedom cruise for a savings of $240.00 so far!! woo hoo

Things like this literally go on a case by case basis.

Our PVP watches our pricing on every cruise. If it goes down before our final payment, he reduces the final payment. If it goes down after the final payment, he issues OBC.

For example, we have gotten two price decreases on our Freedom cruise for a savings of $240.00 so far!! woo hoo

That is what I thought should happen from previous posts I have read. We had a great PVP (no longer there) and we have had price drops prior to our final payment. I suspect that a good PVP could get the OBC for me.

Any other comments would be appreciated.

Mike from Nova Scotia, Canada Eh!

That is what I thought should happen from previous posts I have read. We had a great PVP (no longer there) and we have had price drops prior to our final payment. I suspect that a good PVP could get the OBC for me.

It's not a simple case of "good PVP/bad PVP." They all still have to call their supervisor and have it reviewed. They might get someone sympathic, they might get someone looking at the bottom line and offer the upgrade direction, or they might get someone that says "No."

And something most don't think of:

An OBC given for price reduction after you've already paid in full is your money. Yes, you'll more than likely say you will spend less onboard on your S&S card, but most of the time the reality of it is the OBC will get eaten up by other things you can do and in the end you'll still spend the money you budgeted for your S&S card BEFORE you got the OBC.

All you can do is try, though. But do expect the higher taxes and fuel supplement, that's in their contract/booking guidelines.

Archived