T-Mobile service in ports of Alaska & Internet cafes

darleen1421

I didn't look for Internet cafes on our AK trip last Sep, but 6 years ago I had no problem finding them in Juneau and Sitka. In Sitka we went to a coffee shop near St Michael's Cathedral and then later found that the Post Office had three computers for public use. I believe McDonald's and the library in Juneau are now hotspots if you have a laptop. Try Google for current cybercafes.

Edit: Here's one in Juneau -

Soapy's Station @ The Senate Building

papas@ptialaska.net

75 South Franklin, Juneau AK 99801

This is the place we went to in Sitka -

http://www.highlinercoffee.com/

I didn't noticed any in Juneau and Sitka was raining when I got there. As for Ketchikan, there's an internet cafe on the corner of Front Street & Grant Street (right next to the City Hall building). I think this is the closest one to the port dock. I did not personally use the internet cafe but noticed there was one when I was there last month. Have fun sailing.

Try this:

http://www.seaportel.com/

B

I used the Seaport wifi conection while in Ketchikan last week and althought my laptop showed a strong signal, the internet was S-L-O-W. I was able to do everything that I had to do, though. The cost was $6.00 for one hour.

In addition, as mentioned, the Public Library at the port in Juneau has free wifi and also has several free computers that you can line up to use. The library is located on the top floor of the parking structure.

Please doublecheck with T-Mobile directly for the actual $$ fees -

I was thrilled that my T-Mobile worked on our Alaska trip in '07. No issues calling & receiving or sending & receiving texts - then I came home & got my bill - Over $1100 :eek: (My bill is usually $60.00)

I knew I was introuble when I called to dispute the bill and the first thing the rep asked was ...."You didn't just come back from a cruise did you?"

Sure wish I had found CC before I went on that cruise! :D

Archived