Scuba Diving without being certified

dot73

It would take a lot of your time on a short cruise, but if you're doing that 2 week southern caribbbean cruise you will have some great places to go diving from shore including Bonaire and Curacao. I've spent a number of vacations on Bonaire--neighbors are Curacao and Aruba--mostly shore diving. In short, there is no better place to get certified!!!

I'm a PADI Divemaster originally certified in December 84, on a Referral from Ohio; in Key Largo, Florida.

Thank you for the advice. My lessons start next month. I chose Aquarius because I liked the people there and the price for the lessons was good. Also, the pool they use is just down the road from where I live. I have looked at being certified while on my cruise. There is an excursion company called shoretrips dot com that offers certification. I can do two dives on one island and two on another and that will complete my certification. It's not cheap and with the Canadian dollar sinking, it may get even more expensive. I'm going to see how the lessons go and how comfortable I feel. As for the price of equipment, thank you for the advice. The store provides all the equipment for the lessons. I'll post again once I get through the lessons and let you know what I've decided to do.

As a PADI diving instructor, find a PADI Dive Center wherre your stops are, and bring the log book given by your PADI agency at home. Each PADI Dive Center on your route can do a 2-tank boat dive, and sign off on your refferral form. Be sure to book ahead of time. We do referrals at our dive center all the time from cruisers.

Archived