Jewel Bow Cabins

davidnkim

We've never sailed on the bow and have booked 10502 for a Nov Southern Carrib cruise. Just curious what others think of these cabins? Perks? Do you get any free liquor or do we need to order a bar setup? Cokes/Water? Fridge? We have been in the Courtyard villas and are a bit spoiled, but wanted to check out the bow view. Also, we have 3 days at sea, is it enjoyable on those days or typically too windy?

Are these rooms darker than others, from the pics we've seen they seem a bit darker because of the door and window instead of a full sliding door.

Thanks for the help!

The above picture is of cabin 10000 on the Gem which resembles the cabin you are researching...The colors on the Jewel may be slightly diff. but you get the idea. The cabins of course come with butler and concierge service which we used, full bar, access to breakfast and lunch at Cagney's which was great, and best of all the balcony on these cabins up front are HUGE.....We loved this cat. cabin

John

On the Jade cabin 9500, I think the same size cabin.

A fine cabin but yes, a little dark. The front window is the width of a door.

There was an inner and outer door, the inner a normal wooden door and the outer a steel storm door. There were notices on the outer door not to be opened at sea, but we did open it. It could be heavy to open into the wind.

There is a holdback to keep this door open, and you had to be very careful to make sure the door was latched open very securely. The door is so heavy it would be very dangerous if swinging free

The balcony did not suffer too much wind when steaming along in good weather, but we had some bad days across the Bay of Biscay when any balcony would be unusable as ours was.

Sadly no free booze or sodas except 1 bottle of water on joining.

I just thought I'd add a little humour... I notice spelling, grammar and punctuation errors all the time - not only on message boards but on signage, in menus, magazines, catalogues... everywhere... so I had to laugh when I looked at the title of this thread - which has none - and my first reaction was 'What's a 'bow (rhymes with toe) cabin'? It only took a split second for me to realize that it had nothing to do with ribbons or other decorations... ha ha ha ha ha :p but in the meantime I had to laugh at myself - for making my own 'clerical error' (or at least pronunciation) in my head. I thought I'd share so others could have a chuckle too. :)

In February NCL offered us an upsell to cabin 9004, which is a Owners Suite with a forward facing balcony. The balcony was very windy when the ship was in motion, but it was excellent vantage point as we entered new ports.

I am attaching a picture of the balcony in the port of Miami.

NCL_Jewel_9004_front_balcony.JPG.df2659f390f2ecb54653b09b3fa7bf71.JPG

Thank you to all! I appreciate the info, just really curious about the cabin, view, etc. I'm sure it's a good pic, but if we get an upsell, just trying to figure out if we should pass on the upsell and enjoy what we picked.

Wishfull thinking I know, but you never know when you'll get that call. We did for the last cruise, even though I didn't know until we got to the port and were checking in. DH kept that a secret for the Anniv.

One other thing, the Penthouses qualify for all the VIP amenities, is access to the CY included?

Thank you to all! I appreciate the info' date=' just really curious about the cabin, view, etc. I'm sure it's a good pic, but if we get an upsell, just trying to figure out if we should pass on the upsell and enjoy what we picked.

Wishfull thinking I know, but you never know when you'll get that call. We did for the last cruise, even though I didn't know until we got to the port and were checking in. DH kept that a secret for the Anniv.

One other thing, the Penthouses qualify for all the VIP amenities, is access to the CY included?[/quote']

nope sorry, access to cy isnt included:( I wish!

Archived