Don' want to start a 'touchy' subject, but curious ....

MMOMOM

Was thinking of a Celebrity Cruise in Jan/Feb, but just happen to have come across the new 'smoking' policy. Is it true you can't even smoke on your balcony on both sides of the ship? RCCI instituted no smoking in the rooms, but balcony is okay ... which actually I agree with ... I don't smoke IN my own home. I would like to quit, but I'm not 'there' yet, and certainly don't want to have to leave the cabin to relax and smoke. Quitting time for me would not be enjoying my cruise. Please don't take off ... I know it's a touchy subject, just wondering if what I heard was true ... if so, guess it will be RCCI instead of Celebrity. Thanx!

yes,i believe that you are understanding their policy correctly. i personally agree with all you said...i really want to try X,but i wont do it with that smoking policy. i try to be very considerate of non smokers always, but that just isnt good enough for people today. i wish they would make 1 side smoking,and the other side not, so the non smokers wouldnt feel upset,as would the smokers as well(i am meaning on the balconies)

oh well,RCCL for me:cool:

dave

Well, guess that's the deal for me too. I do understand non-smokers and try not to impose always, but it's getting to the point where you can't please anyone at all. Oh well, thanx for the input ... I'll be back on RCCI again, I guess. Just wanted to try the difference, especially the different itineraries.

Yes, the policy just changed last month. I have selected a cabin close to an elevator so I can get to the smoking areas quickly. I also don't smoke in my home, but I really enjoyed being able to go on the balcony and smoke. Mind you I don't chain smoke, I just go out about once an hour or so. :confused:

Archived