Tree to Tree shore tour - Noumea

sailingmum

Have you done it? Exactly how scarey is it? My husband is really keen, but I'm not too sure. I'm OK with heights, but I don't like free-falling (aka jumping) from heights. It is also quite expensive. Was it worth it?

Matt, Emma and Simon did this on our August cruise and loved it. Hopefully they will be able to fill you in on the details. It also books out quick, I know they had booked it for the previous cruise and missed out.

Have you done it? Exactly how scarey is it? My husband is really keen, but I'm not too sure. I'm OK with heights, but I don't like free-falling (aka jumping) from heights. It is also quite expensive. Was it worth it?

My Husband and 12yr old Son did this on our last cruise and loved it.

It was pouring with rain, but they said it made it even better and it was definately worth it.

Karen

Yep as glenda said, We did it on our cruise. Now i was crapping myself beforehand. Reading the description in the book telling me i would be going from 2 metres to 20 metres high with ropes etc. I was freaking out! I even had nightmares about it the night before :rolleyes: . But i loved it in the end. It was a lot of fun. Was pretty sore the next day though, as you use your arms/muscles a lot with the pulling, holding onto ropes etc.

There are 3 courses when you get there. You start off on a 2 metre one. And work your way up to the others. You don't HAVE to do all 3, but you most likely end up doing it. The 3rd one is the hardest, and more scary as you are a lot higher and the bits get a bit harder as you go. But by the end you feel like u have acheived something and its a great feeling.

The entire time you are harnessed in. There is lots of flying fox. But its more of a go at your own pace & you tend to bond with the entire group as you are all experiencing the same thing and helping each other through it. I am not at all sporty, or really fit and u dont need to be.

Definately worth the money! Just don't look down when you are so high up!! I was fine once i was up there. haha

The only jumping bits i remember, in the 2nd rope course there is a little tarzan rope to get from one platform to the other, i sucked at this. But it wasn't hard for anyone else. The only other one, which i found quite scary at first, was again on the 2nd course a big tarzan type jump, you hold onto the rope and get transported to a web/net thing that u climb down. We all screwed that up, as we watch the instructor come down later and he landed perfectly and we all just slammed into the web/net hahaha.

Some things do seem scary at the time, but once you do it, they aren't so scary after all. And you feel great afterwards and are on a high.:)

i definately reccommend it!!

This is so much fun. I didn't really know what to expect going into it. The first two courses are easy and the third is much harder but determination comes over you and you just do it. Im not scared of heights but when 20 meters up in the air it is really high up. But adrenaline kicks in and the group encourages everyone to keep going on and the relief and excitement when it's over is great. We all wanted a plaque as we felt like we achieved a lot.

It was great to go back to the boat and talk about it with people as well.

if you do not get a booking check again once you are on board.

My hubby wanted to do this on our sun princess cruise in jan but it got booked out so we never bothered checking it out again. A friend we met on board had done it and said they put on another tour due to the number of people who wanted to do it and their tour was only half full.

So try on board if you cannot book it now because it is full.

Good luck

if you do not get a booking check again once you are on board.

My hubby wanted to do this on our sun princess cruise in jan but it got booked out so we never bothered checking it out again. A friend we met on board had done it and said they put on another tour due to the number of people who wanted to do it and their tour was only half full.

So try on board if you cannot book it now because it is full.

Good luck

Thanks - wouldn't have thought to do this!

They only take about 10 people over the three seperate times.

Also going to do this tour after reading all the info it here.

Looking at booking for 9am start, but will take any of the other 2 times available.

Do you or anybody else know, if we book for a certain timeslot and it's full, does P&O automatically slot you into the next avail tour time avail or do you miss out altogether if your preferred time is full.

And should we write somewhere on the booking form, that if our preferred time is not avail anytime will do, or not bother writing that as we would automatically be given the next avail time.

tks

Karen

Do you or anybody else know, if we book for a certain timeslot and it's full, does P&O automatically slot you into the next avail tour time avail or do you miss out altogether if your preferred time is full.

tks

Karen

I think you'll find they'll just book you into another time slot. When we cruised in November, I booked the Jetboat ride in Vila for myself & 2 sons. I asked for the first one as DH and my daughter were doing the horseriding then & we wanted our tours at the same time. That time slot was obviously booked out as they booked us in at about 2pm. We still did it, it just meant that for our day in Vila it was me & the 2 boys and dad & daughter and we had to do our shopping seperately. We managed to catch up for a late lunch on the ship.

Archived