Renting from National/Alamo at MCO

outdrbik

I know this has probably been asked before but I could not find it. Has anyone rented from National/Alamo and one wayed to Port Canaveral. I see that their location is seven miles from the port. Do they offer a shuttle to the port? I called a couple of times today and couldn't get in touch with anyone.

Thanks!!!

5 days to go on the Glory:D

I know this has probably been asked before but I could not find it. Has anyone rented from National/Alamo and one wayed to Port Canaveral. I see that their location is seven miles from the port. Do they offer a shuttle to the port? I called a couple of times today and couldn't get in touch with anyone.

Thanks!!!

5 days to go on the Glory:D

Here is some information for you

Car Rental

All agree that the cheapest option is to rent a car one-way from the airport, drive to the port, drop luggage/family off at port, drop rental car off and take rental car shuttle back to the port. Repeat in reverse for your post-cruise trip back to the airport. Hertz, Budget, Thrifty, Avis & Enterprise, all have drop off locations and free round trip shuttles very close to the port (companies are listed in order of closeness to the port). These four places are open on Sundays and their port shuttles start early in the morning until the afternoon.

National does not have shuttle service to the port. Enterprise has a location on Merritt Island which is a barrier island between the mainland and the beach. They will shuttle you both ways during normal business hours which are M-f 9-6 and Sat 9-12. Your best bets are Budget, Thrifty/Dollar, Avis, Enterprise and Hertz.

Look here for car rental coupons and discount codes:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=558119

Enterprise Car Rental is now located in Cape Canaveral where Hertz once was

Address is:6211 North Atlantic Avenue, Cape Canaveral 32920

Phone number is 321-866-0324

fax number is 321-866-0325

http://www.enterprise.com/

They have 4 shuttles to and from the port - open at 7AM and closes at 6PM - they are opened 7 days a week.

PLEASE MAKE SURE TO TELL THEM YOU ARE OFF THIS BOARD OK?

Their hours are Monday to Friday 7:30AM to 6PM and Saturday & Sunday 8AM to 4PM

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Available Enterprise Coupons and Enterprise Promotion Codes:

20% off any Rental In Your Neighborhood Enterprise Coupon ETC7HC (Coupon does not work at Airport Locations) [Exp. 12/20]

Up to 20% off Enterprise Coupon CSTCX8 (Coupon works at Airport Locations) [Exp. 03/31/09]

10% off standard weekly rates Enterprise Coupon ALSTENW (Coupon does not work at Airport Locations) [Exp. 12/31/09]

Free Double Upgrade at Neighborhood locations Enterprise Coupon ETC8DUP [Exp. 12/18]

Get a free upgrade on your next rental at Enterprise.com

Avis car rental has agreed to meet or beat prices per Bob Fink

Located at 6650 North Atantic Avenue

Cape Canaveral, fl 32920

321-783-3643

Also remember you have Jeremy that is a great guy and will do what he can to help you - another of my favorite places

http://www.aviscapecanaveral.com

Their email is now working so you can email Avis with any questions or problems.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON AVIS FOR DISCOUNT

http://www.kellsport.com/kellwoodtravel.html

BE AWARE THRIFTY CAR RENTAL UPDATE 02/11/08 --THRIFTY HAS NOW CHANGED ITS DROP OFF FEE TO $15.00.

ALSO THRIFTY CAR RENTAL IS ALSO NOW ACCEPTING DOLLAR CAR RENTAL CARS AND THEY NOW HAVE A DROP OFF FEE of $15.00.

THRIFTY/DOLLAR CAR RENTAL

6799 NORTH ATLANTIC AVENUE

CAPE CANAVERAL, FLA 32920

321783-2600

GM STEPHANIE BAILEY (awesome gal to work with)

BUDGET CAR RENTAL (sister to Avis Car rental)

8401 ASTRONAUT BLVD (AKA AS A-1-A)

CAPE CANAVERAL, FL 32920

321-784-0634

HERTZ CAR RENTAL

8960 ASTRONAUT BLVD

CAPE CANAVERAL, FL 32920

321-783-7771

NATIONAL CAR RENTAL

1675 North Atlantic Avenue

Cocoa Beach, Fla 32931

321-783-7575

DOES NOT OFFER SHUTTLE SERVICE BUT ALL THE OTHERS DO