Halloween Fun.....e-mail

debster818

No Tricks, All Treats...

OPPS,FORGOT TO PASTE THE E-MAIL

Halloween is the sweetest time of years for kids. What could be more fun then dressing up and cruising your neighborhood? Carnival Knows! Starting on cruises that depart mid-October and running thought Halloween, Carnival will offer its second annual "Frightfully Fun" days and evenings aboard every "Fun Ship". Kids enrolled in Camp Carnival can join in costume contests and trick-or-treat throughout the ship. Adults, bring your own costumes, too, for your own contest and other activities.

Thank you for choosing Carnival Cruise Lines and we look forward to welcoming you aboard.

Cordially,

Carnival Cruise Lines

Does anyone know if they provide costumes for kids? And if so is there an age cutoff for them? My son will turn 14 on our cruise on the Holiday over Halloween weekend. I am taking a costume and was going to take him one but if they have some decent ones available he will be fine with that.

Hi, I was just reading up on the replies for halloween. We are going on Imagination for Oct. 31. We are bringing my 12 yr. old and 14 yr. old both girls. I am trying to get them geared up about dressing up for halloween. I was just wondering if this was the cruise you might be going on?

Thanks

Canary

We cruised last October (aboard the Glory) and had so much fun with the Halloween activities. To answer a few of the questions I saw on the thread:

1. Our sailing date was October 13th last fall and we did have the Halloween activities, I bet you will as well.

2. Carnival does not provide the costumes, that is something you would have to pack.

One thing to keep in mind, the Halloween activities did not last all week. Nor did the decorations. It was a one day event, from morning until night (Tuesday for us). We woke up that morning and there were Halloween decorations up, crew in costumes and lots of Halloween activities including: kids trick or treating, monster mash dance classes, spooky stories in the atrium, time warp dance class, even Halloween themed desserts in the dining room. The day was so much fun, but come Wednesday morning, everything was back to normal. Even the decorations were down.

Enjoy, you will have a blast!:D

I didn't get this email :( I looove Halloween! (Mom always said I should've been born a day earlier.. cause I'm such a "witch", ha!)

We're sailing on the Fantasy on the 27th, so I hope they actually do the Halloween events on Halloween. We're with a huge group of Harry Potter fans, so I'm sure that'll be part of our costumes, too :)

I'm planning on decorating my stateroom door, and leaving my room steward a little trick or treat bag. Any suggestions?

Does anyone know if they provide costumes for kids? And if so is there an age cutoff for them? My son will turn 14 on our cruise on the Holiday over Halloween weekend. I am taking a costume and was going to take him one but if they have some decent ones available he will be fine with that.

No costumes provided. You will need to bring your own.

I was on the Paradise mid-October of last year, and the Halloween stuff was fun. There was a costume contest for adults. For the kids (I had my 6-year-old with me), they did a "treasure hunt" followed by a costume contest. The treasure hunt involved a map, with certain locations where they were giving out candy. The Camp Carnival counselors were dressed up too, and were giving out candy all over the ship. It was exhausting though. They had us running all around that ship gathering candy - burning off some of those calories in advance, I guess. ;)

We took our own on the Miracle this past year. My son and one girl in camp were the only kids in costume, because the parents brought their own.

Good job on the smuggled liquor. How did you take so many bottles and not transfer them to plastic bottles?

HAH just thinking about this brings back some memories! My girlfriends and I actually hid them in our pants... I was wearing a dress and wore shorts underneath to stick them in the rim of my pants. The funny part is - I set off the metal detectors getting on the ship. I was freaking out and was like ummm I don't know why this is happening to the port authority people and realized there was probably a metal top on one of my bottles. I showed her I had a belly button ring and she said walk through again and the second time I didn't set them off and went on my merry way but almost peed my pants hah. we each had two bottles, so smuggling 6 bottles on was like super for us. It was gone by the first night though haha so we bought more in port.

HAH just thinking about this brings back some memories! My girlfriends and I actually hid them in our pants... I was wearing a dress and wore shorts underneath to stick them in the rim of my pants. The funny part is - I set off the metal detectors getting on the ship. I was freaking out and was like ummm I don't know why this is happening to the port authority people and realized there was probably a metal top on one of my bottles. I showed her I had a belly button ring and she said walk through again and the second time I didn't set them off and went on my merry way but almost peed my pants hah. we each had two bottles, so smuggling 6 bottles on was like super for us. It was gone by the first night though haha so we bought more in port.[/quote

You had me cracking up!!!!! We plan to put stuff in plastic water bottles and pack it in our luggage. We fly so, we have to put it in luggage and not carry it on. It worked last time. When you brought stuff back from port, how did you do that. I know you can't put it in your "beach bag".

I have to tell my husband about your experience.....he will be totally amused. Thanks.

Archived