I'm booked now

1sttimer2009

Never been on the Holiday, but I hope you have a nice cruise. I wanted to go on her before she gets sold next year, but that isn't in the cards now.

We fly in a day early to avoid any problems or delays. It costs a little more for the hotel, but it's worth it for us, not having to worry.

We were on the Holiday less than 10 days ago and our stateroom was U93. Looks like your room is in the exact same position on the ship, one deck higher and yours was an inside while ours was an oceanview.

We loved our room! Had no funky vibrations that we have heard about in aft and forward rooms. The layout of the inside rooms is exactly that of the oceanviews ~ there is even a faux window. Check out that Carnival website if you haven't seen the pics.

You will enjoy the ship, the staff was phenomenal! We had a blast and can't wait to reboard her one final time in about 80 days!

Here are a few pics of our room:

th_32922_Last_vacation_pictures4_056_122_458lo.JPG

th_33076_Last_vacation_pictures4_057_122_999lo.JPG

We stayed at the Ashbury Hotel & Suites right off of I-65. It was a pretty nice hotel with a great indoor pool and a full warm breakfast included. They have a special rate for Carnival Cruisers ($60.00 per night), just need to show your boarding tickets and request that rate at the time of your reservation.

They do not offer shuttle service to the port, but a taxi ride is about $13. Hotel was definitely worth the money!

www.ashburyhotel.com

Hope this helps!

Since I'm from louisiana I was going to book Carnival's trans is that a good idea or waste of money, will they take me back to the airport?[/quote

We don't take the transfers because we drive to port. As long as you book a trasfer for both ways, they will take you to and from the ship. Your other options are a taxi or renting a car. Depending on the distance from the airport, a taxi may be quite costly. Renting a car, you would need to rent one that you could then turn in near the port.

How many people are traveling in your group? I think if it is a small number, I would just take the transfer to save some hassle.

Congratulations on booking your first cruise. My suggestion is to read as much as you can about the experience and the ports before you leave. An educated cruiser is usually a happy cruiser. I hope you have a fabulous first cruise.:D

Archived