fuel surcharges

pna

We are scheduled to go on the Ultimate River Cruise with Amadeus (AMA) next June. Our travel agent told us if we pay the balance by Sept. 22 there will be no fuel surcharges added on at any point. With 14 days on the boat for two people, that could make certainly add up. I know our recent Carribean ocean liner cruises have added fuel surcharges after they were booked and even paid in full. What has your experience been with AMA or other European River cruises in the past and recently regarding fuel surcharges? Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

We are scheduled to go on the Ultimate River Cruise with Amadeus (AMA) next June. Our travel agent told us if we pay the balance by Sept. 22 there will be no fuel surcharges added on at any point. With 14 days on the boat for two people, that could make certainly add up. I know our recent Carribean ocean liner cruises have added fuel surcharges after they were booked and even paid in full. What has your experience been with AMA or other European River cruises in the past and recently regarding fuel surcharges? Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

My only experience was on a Royal Carribbean cruise last Feb. - My TA called and suggested I pay balance early because she got word they were going to start adding a fuel charge. I did and RC never charged me the fuel charge. I would confirm with your travel agent. We are leaving in July, but booking on our own and I think it is worth me checking in with AMA to see if this is true - I agree, it is a savings.

Archived