Family/Friends on Golden

CroneWynd

So, DH and I are a straight couple, sailing on the Golden on 9/20/08...

I've checked a few boards, and there is, apparently, no FOD sailing with us? :confused:

This would be disappointing. I really love spending time with a wide variety of people/viewpoints, and have met few (okay, only one or two) friends/family that aren't great fun to be with.

Besides sticking a rainbow and an Equal Rights Campaign sticker on our cabin door... how do you suggest we connect?

There will probably be FOD meetings listed in the daily newsletter (Princess Patters I believe). They're not always automatic though, it depends on the CD. If you don't see it on the first day, track down the CD (or Purser, often easier to find) and ask for it to be listed in the Patter.

Other than that...keep your eyes peeled! A Human Rights Campaign sticker would probably be okay but leave the backing on, don't stick it right to the door. ;)

If only there were more fun people like you!!! I hope some day we travel the same ship. As it always happens with me, there may not be any FOD's on the board prior to the cruise, but there are usually some fun people when we get to the ship. Have a great cruise.

T.

Princess is fairly consistent about having multiple gatherings during a cruise, especially if there’s a good turn out for the first couple of them. I was on Golden Princess in May and there were two on a six day cruise. Just off Dawn Princess, there were four in a 10 day cruise. The staff usually will show up at one of the meetings with champagne. Some of the meetings are not hosted.

As suggested, if you don’t see mention of the gatherings (Princess calls them GLBT gatherings) check with the Cruise Director. Its pretty much company standard that these meetings are offered. I think they are great – on Dawn Princess we met three new friends that we hung out with during the whole cruise – people we probably would not have met if we hadn’t had the gathering.

Archived